Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalogue sent missing images

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
My client has been sending me her lightroom catalogues to edit for years and I got a new laptop and all of a sudden the images are missing. I have uninstalled  lightroom and restarted my laptop many times, she has also tried resending it multiple different times and she says she hasn't done anything differently. She creates smart previews and then exports the catalog, zips it and sends to me on a drive.
Am I missing something? If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated I am out of ideas.
Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I got a new laptop and all of a sudden the images are missing."

Something changed in Mac OS 12.3.1, and many people are finding they need to grant LR Full Disk Access. See:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/disk-permissions-monterey-classic/

Let us know whether that fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your suggestion I followed all the steps and restarted but it didn't do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are they missing? What error message do you get? If your client only sends you smart previews you will indeed get the message that the originals are missing as you won't have originals to start with. Have you checked the zipped catalogs to see if the images are actually there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message says they can not be used but I have done this before with smarrt previews and it works fine. I attached a screenshot below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you setup your Classic to work with smart previews only? If not, it won't work. Preferences->Performance->Use Smart previews instead of Originals for image editing. The dialog indeed says that it can't edit because of a missing original which appears to be on an external disk at your client's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines