• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom catalogue

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant open lightroom classic because I keep getting this message. The lightroom catalogue named "lightroom Catalogue" cant be opened because another application has it opened, quit other copy of lightroom before trying to launch. I dont have anything open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Lightroom is running, there is a lock file present in the same folder as the catalog. Its purpose is to prevent other users from accessing the catalog. The lock file will be deleted when Lightroom is closed, but if it wasn't closed down properly (crash, power failure), the lock file might not be deleted, and you'll get that error message.

The solution is to delete the lock file manually.

With the Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder, go to the folder that contains your catalog. (usually a folder inside your Pictures folder) The lock file will have the same name as your catalog, and the extension .lock

Delete the lock file. Do not delete anything else.

image.png

Note to moderator: Please move to Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines