• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 won't start.

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom CC 2015 (desk version) for a long time. But suddenly, it won't start. 

The error message I get is: "Adobe Lightroom quit unexpectedly. Click Report to see more detailed information, etc."

Adobe has stopped supporting this old software. So I'm not sure what to do.

I wonder if the old software is no longer compatible with the new OS system. I believe it stopped working since I updated apple OS update, although I don't remember exactly which version. Now, I also bought a new laptop (updated from Macbook Pro 2017 to Macbook Pro 2021). But Lightroom CC stopped working with my old laptop. 

Any idea what I can do? 

Thanks!!! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey ver 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one issue; such old versions installers are not 64 bit which is required by Monterey. LRshould run as a 64-bit application under Monterey but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1's because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. 

IF your new MacBook isn't an M1, you are OK but if it is, you're SOL. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I think this is precisely what happened. After updating iOS on my old laptop, some functions stopped working. I ended up signing up for Lightroom Classic for my new laptop; unfortunately, I have M1. But I really appreciate your answer as I did not need to waste time trying to resolve issues at which I had no chance. haha.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines