Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 4k video export

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have used Lightroom a long to organize my photo and video catalog. However, after the latest equipment purchase I have need to export videos in 4k. Is that true that there is not any way to export videos as 4k? It looks that videos can only be encoded to 1080p. Of course it is always possible to just export original unedited video but trimming and quick develop tools are so powerful that I would like to use them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom can only export 1080 p videos as of now. You may share you feedback here Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom can't export 4K what is the best way to display 4K images on a 4K TV?  Photoshop?  Premier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Photoshop as part of your package, you can trim video on the time line and then go to:

File >> Export >> Render Video

It should export at the original resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS for video editing 4k and EXPORTING is not an option.  We have been waiting for such a basic option to export 4k video from LR far too long.  Photoshop is not a tool for adding captions and keywords and syncing these across a number of files.

I have hundreds of 4k video files to be prepared for stock agencies and Adobe cannot provide this basic functionality.

Asking Tom Hogarty (lightroom product manager) to deal with this issue is a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another update for Lightroom without support for exporting 4K video.  The really is pathetic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's extremely pathetic when I come across this thread 3.5 years later looking for answers to the same issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is likely to be an update to allow exported of 4k video from LR CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrankCorn  wrote

Does anyone know if there is likely to be an update to allow exported of 4k video from LR CC?

I seriously doubt it.

LR is a Still image management and editing program. If you are working mainly with video you should look for some other Video management and editing software.

Or use Bridge and Premier Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe have concentrated resources on developing Premiere Rush which has many of the tools found in Premier Pro and After Effects but in a single interface; plus cloud storage. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-rush.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried Premiere Rush, but honestly its not any faster than just loading those same files into Premiere Pro, if you want only simple edits (like cutting the beginning and end, as you'd do in Lightroom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with you it is now January 2020 and will also benefit tremendously from LR been able to export 4K video edited basic functions such as " length of the video " and add keywords and exported as a short 4K clip. Having some very basic video editing function it is a MUST for LR also will be ideal to be able to make collections ect , with video as an archival system the same as with pictures . Premiere Pro can not do that ...Media Browser is totally different .
Come on Adobe ...!!! be have been asking for this for years now..!!!..it would be so good .
Kind regards.
RF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance the Lightroom product manager Tom Hogarty responding to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any chance the Lightroom product manager Tom Hogarty responding to this issue?"

Adobe product developers rarely participate in this forum.  I see that you've added your opinion to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-and-4k-export

But you haven't yet clicked Vote in the upper-right corner. Adobe product developers do read every post in the feedback forum, but given that feature request is two years old and few people have voted for it (in comparison to other requests), I think it's unlikely that we'll see a response from a senior product manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new in 2021 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

almost 2022. they just dont care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1/4 2022 ....aaaand nothnig 😄 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023! Still no 4K export. Pathetic. As a software engineer I can say it's trivial thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines