• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic Crashes with Music & Vertical Images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer - windows 10 with the latest version of LR CC Classic.  I couldn't get slideshows to work on my old computer, but I had high hopes with my new computer, however it doesn't work.  I can create a slideshow without music now, however when I select music to add, LR abruptly crashes with no warning once I select the MP3 file to add.

Now I read somewhere that there is a problem when you have both horizontal and vertical files.  So, I tried horizontal only - with the a subset of the same images, same music, and low and behold it works.   However I am a (professional) photographer and I create slide shows with both horizontal and vertical images.

Has anyone found a fix for this problem?  Is there any way to reach a human at Adobe to speak with?  They seem to put up so many walls to interacting with people.  It's very frustrating.  I also started with a clean preferences, rather than import my old ones just in case that was causing the problem

Help please.  I need this capability for my clients!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight while teaching a class, Lightroom crashed immediately when trying to add music to a slideshow. The same music, and the same catalog works fine at home on my Mac. The school computer is running Windows 10 Enterprise. I searched the forums for this problem and turned up many other questions with the same problem, going back several years. I didn't find anything with an answer.

I'm hoping by commenting here, this will get bumped back up to the top and maybe someone with an answer will see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version 7.3.1 of lightroom. 

Just tried to add mp3 music to a slideshow and it crashed lightroom 7 times in a row.

Slideshows have always been flaky affairs but this makes them difficult to bother with.

Adobe, over to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, contacted Adobe and got NO response. The only solution I founds was to keep the slideshow to either all landscape slides or all portrait slides. This works. As soon as you mix la de ape with portrait, it crashes. Not an answer but an option. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. If you read the book "How Do I Do That In Lightroom?", the author tears Adobe apart for not updating, fixing, or adding improved features to the Slideshow module in LR. I guess I am just going to export the video and add music to my slideshow in another editing program. What a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add my music to slideshows in Resolve just out of spite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, Lightroom crashes when adding an mp3 file to a slideshow. I can't believe it is still not fixed and that there are no official comments from Adobe on what the issue is. I am going to use the very interesting "PicturesToExe 9" windows program for making slideshows with music until Lightroom fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that ALL photos need to be in either portrait orientation or landscape orientation in order to add music. If I have 10 photos in landscape orientation, and just one that is portrait orientation, the music won't stick. I had to export the slideshow as a video from lightroom, open it in Photoshop, and add the music there. What a pain, but at least this was the answer to the issues I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish this were the case, I only shoot landscape for my line of work and it always crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem on July 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem on my new computer with newly instaled everything. My Photos are all in landscape so that can't be the issue. No resolution yet? Annoyingly enough my old computer never had this problem with an older unupdated version of lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and after several attempts I clicked the music file twice very quickly and the problem was solved. My slideshow is 482 files a combination of  landscapes and vertical pictures/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand this explanation a little Oscar, and maybe even a screen shot to reinforce where exactly?

Would you call your clicking technique a double left-click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem start add the music on and it crashes it after it,it send an error report and I can't  start lightroom again it says the catalogue  blaaa blaaa restart my PC and it starts normal again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit a bug report at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom? Remember to provide as much detail as possible (e.g. OS, number of images, type of images, when the crash occurs, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are adding your issue into a two year old duscussion. PLEASE create your own discussion.

When you do, please include:

1. Description of problem

2. Workflow you have taken that leads to problem

3. System Information as Lightroom Classic reports it. In Lightroom Classic, click on Help, click on System Information, click on Copy. Paste into posting (include all info from first line down to and including plugin info, strip out info after plugin info)

4. And state is this a Desktop, a Laptop, a All In One, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very same thing happens to me today.  I is sooo frustrating, causing a huge waste of time and effort! Novemeber 2020.  I am thinking the only way around it is to save the slideshow and then take into premier pro to add music.  Why should I have to do this with another adobe  feature when I was so stoked about everything being together in one app yesterday??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines