• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC crashing

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom CC just started crashing at start up and after having a someone from support look around he couldn't solve the issue and setup a call back with a seniort tech but this guy calls 30 minutes before the agreed upon time when i am not home and now I am expected to make a new appointment but give them 24/48 hours to setup a call back is this a joke? (Appointment was 19:00-21:00 my time)

When it crashes i see a popup saying a solution was found which was turn off use GPU in preferences/performance. I did this and it sometimes starts up but i still get the error popup saying Adobe as a solution or a work around and if i close the popup lightroom cc closes.

I didnt change anything on my PC so find it very strange Lightroom CC just decided to crash. When it crashed I sent the crash logs (case ADB-21308443-J8K5)

Did we get an update for Lightroom CC? I have build 202108071231-af9219b9

I use windows 10 Pro updated and my Nvidia drivers are updated too.

Hopefully the forums can help as customer care is disapointing.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

/Edit/ Info that follwed deleted to cut down on clutter as OP has answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some comments

• "lightroom CC" no such Adobe product any longer, unless you are talking pre subscription
  • "I use windows 10 Pro updated" Please post actual version and build, the words updated. current, latest, up to date, are considered crap by most members. Not to be trysted until proven.
  • "Nvidia drivers are updated too" Also, that dirty word updated, Too many times users assume updated because supposidly they are automatically updated

Hence the above request for System Info as Lightroom Classic reports it.

In the link below is a community use guide, you will find in it a reccomendation on info to include, as follows

• Adobe product and version number 
  • Operating system and version number 
  • Error message(s) (if applicable)
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc. 
  • Screenshots of the problem (if applicable)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the responce below is the requested data I hope.

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.19043

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 6

Processor speed: 3.6GHz

SqLite Version: 3.34.0

Built-in memory: 16298.7 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16298.7 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 2090.1 MB (12.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1617.4 MB

GDI objects count: 729

USER objects count: 2739

Process handles count: 1529

Memory cache size: 46.0MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 13.4 [ 872 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 463MB / 8149MB (5%)

Camera Raw real memory: 464MB / 16298MB (2%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (30.0.14.7212)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic

Library Path: P:\Canon\Clive Cat\Clive 2021\Clive 2021.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\Optikn3rv\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) DxO PhotoLab 4

3) DxO PhotoLab 4 Importer

4) Facebook

5) Flickr

6) Helicon Focus Export

7) Luminar 4

8) Luminar AI

9) Nikon Tether Plugin

10) Zerene Stacker Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic v10.4, check

License, check

OS Windows 10 version 21H1 (Build 19043), check

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (30.0.14.7212), that is v472.12, check

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Odd, why not Camera RAW 5? my bad, not relevant

Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080

No 4K or beyond display, probably no advantage to selecting use Graphics Processor, however, not an acient GPU, so should be no disadvantage.

Library Path: P:\Canon\Clive Cat\Clive 2021\Clive 2021.lrcat

This is a hard drive, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/edited/ Reply was in reference to version of Camera RAW, this was a missread by me, my bad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a crash report to post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not now as when it originally crashed it produced one and i sent it to Adobe but after turning off use gpu in performance it doesn't seem to crash it either just quits or runs and throws up that popup i posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the path to the catalogue is an hard drive,  Its never been any issue in the year or so i use Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you click on that message, in the button, what is shown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes one wonder if a problem exists with the NVIDIA  driver. Might recommend switching to a Studio vs Game Ready, but at NVIDIA both are v472.12. Studio drivers, are supposedly more tested than Game Ready drivers.

Inquiry, when updating your NVIDIA driver, do you select a custom install as to force a clean install? That gets rid of old crap that might be left behind. 

(hoefully another member will reply, Going off line)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first line support guy installed the studio driver as i use game ready but he chose quick install which I do too.I believe Lightroom was fine after the last driver update. What i do not understand if it was a nvidia driver issue which is always possible why do i get the error popup notification? I can turn on use gpu and it will work 90% of the time and sometimes it will give a grey screen when i go to the develop tab and I need to kill the process and that in turn locks my catalogue if i try to restart lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get support for LightRoom Classic.  I have paid for the app which apparently includes support. but since and update yesterday, via Creative Cloud desktop app, LightRoom Classic no longer starts.  This is a business critical issue for our business and I have not been able to get any support from Adobe. 

I can only assume they do not test their software before releasing it, nor do they test their release process. I am also appalled that I cannot get any support from them.  What kind of micky mouse operation is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

At the home page adobe.com click Contact Us:

johnrellis_0-1633062352322.png

Then answer a few questions with the "virtual assistant" to get to chat with a support person:

johnrellis_1-1633062547783.png

Or click "contact options" to get to a phone number you can call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

I had tried this a couple of times but both times the person at the other end stopped responding.   Not sure if they forgot about me or there was a network error. 

3rd time worked and after some time we discover the issue was caused by the new version of Google Drive.  Turns out Lightroom Classic stalls upon starting up if the catalog is in a folder that Google Drive is trying to sync.

What is bad is that Lightroom is still running (can see it in Task Manager) but shows no user interface and does not handle the error (no message to the user or even an log written to the windows event log).  This is basic 101 programming stuff .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote “ 3rd time worked and after some time we discover the issue was caused by the new version of Google Drive.  Turns out Lightroom Classic stalls upon starting up if the catalog is in a folder that Google Drive is trying to sync.“

Lightroom Classic cannot run with the Catalog file on a network. I do not know how Google Drive works but if it is syncing the Catalog to the cloud it will not function.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out Lightroom Classic stalls upon starting up if the catalog is in a folder that Google Drive is trying to sync.

from (ref 1)

Can I store or share a catalog on a network?

No, you can't store catalogs on a network but you can store or share your photos on a network. Smart Previews let you edit your photos in Lightroom Classic even when you are disconnected from the network or when your computer is disconnected from the drive that has your photos.

ref 1: Adobe| Lightroom Classic Catalog FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck even after you contact support, so far they have setup 2 call back appointments for me and just don't call back at the agreed time or even call back at all, when you contact the online support via chat you get told to create a new call back appointment.

This is beyound a joke yet they still write off the subscription every month without fail.

Time they outsourced the support elsewhere as the current service is nonexistant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What can I say but a shamblles.

Last Wednesday my lightroom started crashing at start up yet I had changed nothing on my system.

I contacted customer care via live chat and they got access to my computer and went through the standard reinstalling my already up to date drivers etc.

They reinstalled creative cloud and lightroom yet it still crashed. They then activated my administrator account and tried with that but to no avail. This account they left active which is a huge security issue.

The decided to setup a call back so a senior tech would call me at 19:00 (CET my time)

I told them I would be home between 18:45 and 19:00 hence the time chosen.

When I got home I saw they had called at 18:30 but i wasn't home.

I contacted customer care again and they said they were sorry for the inconvienience and I should set up a new call back. I advised this was unacceptable and went back to searching for solutions myself.

At 20:30 they called again but I was under the shower so missed this unexpected call.

I again contacted customer care who in turn were sorry for the inconvienience caused and advised I request a new call back.

I said I would request one Friday after consulting my work calendar.

I contacted customer care on Friday and requested a call back at 10:00 my time and they confirmed it again.

Monday morning 11:30 (today) still no call so I contacted customer care again who in turn were sorry for the inconvienience caused again.

The person advised they would make sure the senior tech called me back shortly. I advised I had taken 2 hours off work to cover this call and this was unacceptable and asked what shortly meant.

The tech said they would add me to the priority call back list.

It's now 13:27 and I took off 2 extra hours to cover the call as I hoped shortly meant within 2 hours.

Still no sign of a cal from them, what can I say but the customer care service is a right mess. They don't care about people at all so long you keep paying your subscription.

There are also no contacts to escalate this terrible service. I'll give it another 30 minutes and then I will cancel my subscription and use other software to aork on my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines