Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC doesn't sync my edited (picked) photo's with Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I imported all my photo's in Lightroom Classic (2 folders) and then made a collection out of it so I can sync it to Lightroom CC. This way, I can edit while on the train. Lightroom CC is supposed to sync my picked photo's back to Classic, but it doesn't! 

In CC I have 2 folders. 

Folder 1 has 1093 photo's and I picked (and edited) 296

Folder 2 has 1104 photo's and I picked (and edited) 291. 

These are the photo's I need to sync back to Classic. 

However, in Classic I have also 2 folders, but

Folder 1 has 1092 photo's and only 189 are picked (and not edited)

Folder 2 has 1104 photo's and 315 are picked (and not edited)

I already Googled a lot and I already tried this option: Go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences>Lightroom Sync > Hold 'option' > Start sync again

I hope someone can help me out here. I need to export all my edited photo's from Lightroom Classic and not from CC to get the highest quality possible. These photo's are for a client!

TOPICS
macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, when exporting in Lightroom CC I get the following message

Some images could not be exported because we couldn't access the full size original

The exported photo has a size of 1707 × 2560 when exported from CC and 4160 × 6240 when exported from Classic. 

I'm going insane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Romana5FE3 wrote:

By the way, when exporting in Lightroom CC I get the following message

Some images could not be exported because we couldn't access the full size original

The exported photo has a size of 1707 × 2560 when exported from CC and 4160 × 6240 when exported from Classic. 

I'm going insane

That is completely as expected. Lightroom Classic does not sync originals up to the cloud, but smart previews. Smart previews are 2560 pixels at the longest side. That means that Lightroom desktop can only export a picture of that size maximum, because that is all that is available in the cloud for this picture.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That is the reason why I need CC to sync with Classic ! Do you have an answer to that issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Romana5FE3 wrote:

Thank you. That is the reason why I need CC to sync with Classic ! Do you have an answer to that issue? 

They should sync fine, so I can't tell you why they don't in your case.

BTW, I disagree with @DdeGannes that is would be a bad idea to have Lightroom Classic and Lightroom desktop on the same computer. There is no reason why that would be bad as long as you understand what both apps do.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know either. I just found out that when I make a Collection in Classic it does sync to Lightroom (Cloud/CC/whatever it is called). But when I move a photo to this folder in Lightroom Cloud/CC it does not sync back to Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anything in the cloud should sync back to Lightroom Classic, regardless of in what album you place it. That photo should already be synced. Check the number of images in Lightroom desktop and compare that to the number of 'All Synced Photographs' in Lightroom Classic. Are these numbers different?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Lightroom Classic and Lightroom cc on the same computer or do you have a computer at home and travel with a laptop?

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/which-lightroom-version-am-i-using/

The above article will describe how each app interacts with the other.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DdeGannes

Thank you for your reply. 

I have a Macbook Pro. On this I have Classic and CC. 

I also have CC on another laptop, which I travel from and to the office with. I used this laptop to edit on the train. 

Sometimes, I even edit some photo's on my mobile phone (Samsung)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the article at the link I posted in my earlier post, it should provide sufficient info for you to proceed to develop a plan to work with both applications. There are lots more infoavailable on LrC and Lr.

Some tips.

You will first need to decide if you wish to store all your original files in the Adobe Creative Cloud as that will require sufficient storage available in your Photography Plan the basic plan only comes with 20GB of storage additional storage can be obtained. In the US its $9.99 per month for each 1TB storage.

The original files would be synced back to your Mac Book Pro where LrC is so you need sufficient storage there to accomadate that.

Not a good idea to run LrC and Lr on the same computer.

As indicated in an earlier post LrC syncs smart previews to the Cloud those do not utilize your cloud storage allocation.

Better to have Lr on the laptop you travel with.

Lots of documentation online for both LrC and Lr.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines