• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC export presets export_destinationPathPrefix different between Mac and PC.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate many export presets from Lightroom CC on PC to Lightroom CC on MAC. And it turns out that export presets lost their Export Location folder. Originally it is on network attached storage (NAS). And for example on PC location in  .lrtemplate file of the export presets
export_destinationPathPrefix = "\\\\NAS\\photo\\"

and on MAC the same property is

export_destinationPathPrefix = "/Volumes/photo/"

which i think is causing this issue.

I have moved manually presets folder from PC location to Mac location and all export presets appears in Export section. Is there any automatic migration utility for these presets ? I really want to have the same presets between both PC and Mac without recreating all of them on both machines. Also I'm not sure if this is supported way to manually do that but it will be good if there is any way to migrate all settings between LR CC between two machines with different OS.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Just for info: the first \ is the escape key for the following character, so \\ means truly \, as the backslash is used for escaping special characters.

You can change the items with text editor.

Abambo_0-1624105785652.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info: the first \ is the escape key for the following character, so \\ means truly \, as the backslash is used for escaping special characters.

You can change the items with text editor.

Abambo_0-1624105785652.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

Thanks for the answer. Probably I will use eventually some app like notepad++ to replace all strings and slashes to correct one, but I will need to do that every time when I move export presets from one OS to the other. In my case after replacing \\\\NAS\\ with /Volumes/ and changing all backslashes to forward slashes will make paths correct. However I want to find out is there any other way to do that, instead of manually recreate all of the export presets or replacing some texts in the .lrtemplate. 

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My export presets change only slowly, but I have a collection of around 30 that I use often. So, I would need to use that once only. You can also find automated solutions like a script using the Unix line editor ed. Established once, it will change the data always the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will mark this as correct answer as eventually it works + some other steps on top:
1) Change all \\\\NAS to /Volumes
2) Change all other \\ to /
3) Close LR CC
4) Using Option + Shift + Open LR CC to reset preferences 
5) In the beginning it was kind of buggy showing export locations as the same but after click in each of the export presets without exporting in the panel + close and reopen now everything looks ok. 

Probably will create some sort of script to do that automatically for further use. 

Thanks to Abambo.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. For your script, you should definitely consider ed, well, except if you have a different tool like that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines