Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC slow and high CPU usage

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

When even doing the simplest things in Lightroom Classic, like adjusting exposure, my CPU hits around 300%. It always lags a bit. When using the crop tool, or adding masks, I have to wait a second or two most of the time. 

I'm running OSX Monterey on an iMac 2017 (27", Retina 5K). It has a 4,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor. 24GB RAM. And a Radeon Pro 575 4 GB graphic drive. I have the latest version of LR installed. I have "Use graphics processor" set to Auto and Camera Raw Cache set to 20GB. My catalogue and previews or stored on my local HD, while my raw files (around 100MB+ each) are stored on an external drive connected with Thunderbolt. I recently upgraded to mirrorless cameras which or around 50-60MP. I'm sure the files are much heavier to handle, so that might be the reason why LR is so slow with me recently.

Can anyone tell if my iMac specs are too low to work with these kind of files? Should I upgrade my system? Or would it be somewhere in my LR settings? Any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large (in pixels) is your monitor? Have you tried turning off "Use Graphics Processor"?

I recently upgraded to mirrorless cameras which or around 50-60MP. I'm sure the files are much heavier to handle, so that might be the reason why LR is so slow with me recently.

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My monitor is 5120 × 2880 pixels.

I'v tried turning off the graphics processor, but to be honest, it doesn't change much..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines