Hello all. I've been using Lightroom for years with no issue what so ever. Yesterday 8/4/2022 I ran into a very serious issue.
I will do my edits etc on the .CR2 files like I've been doing for the past 3 years that I've had my canon 5D MKIV - and then I export the photo in sRGB - calibrated phone and monitor - the image on the monitor looks great as always and I would send the photos away. Since yesterday it feels as if there's 0.6 Stops of exposure and a huge white overlay on my photos.
I've tried everything for the past 20 odd hours and I still cannot get it fixes. Reseted preferences - downgraded lightroom to a 10. release - did the same editing on a MacbookPro - still the same result.
Anyone facing the same issue?
Sounds like you need to re-calibrate?
Opened the image on iphone 13 pro, iphone 13 pro max, galaxy s22, s21fe, the colours are correct as I streamed to some other photographer friends through discord and twitch [used streamlabs OBS]. Done that for both my windows pc with windows11 and on my macbook pro.
So calibration is out of the question.
Then i don't understand what the problem is? You're saying that the image looks fine everywhere?
Ok I'm sorry, maybe I made a mistake explaining it.
What I said was, we tested the image on different devices and it looks the same.
Same as in overexposed and with a white overlay on top.
Open it on both your computer and your phone
I've checked both attached images and I don't see any difference.
Has been something changed on your system? Installing updates or patches?
Nothing that I am aware of.
But the thing is, since the presets are mine I have them on both devices [mac and windows] the final product is the same when you're viewing on a computer screen - so I know that it's not a calibration issue. I have not made any changes to any of my devices over the past couple of months.
And since yesterday I've been having this issue where the image on a phone screen will look like at 0.6 exposure over and a white hazy overlay.
Attempts that I have made to fix this
1. Downgraded LR Classic to 10.4 still same issue
2. Resetted preferences
3. Deleted and re-imported photos
4. Tried to edit photos from a different shoot, still same result.
5. Reinstalled LR Classic 11.2
6. Done the editing in LR still same thing
7. Done the editing on my 2nd monitor that is only for reddit / social media and exported it from scratch, still nothing.
8. Tried sRGB [as default - as I've always rendered] - Display P3 - ProPhoto RGB - Adobe RGB (1998)
9. Exported the photos with no editing what so ever, straight through the camera.
10. Restarted pc - reinstalled GPU Drivers