• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom changes aspect of photo when printing

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing from Lightroom Classic OR Photoshop on my desktop computer, the print preview (and the print) have the aspect changed and the color is slightly off.  I am using a Canon Pro-100 printer. By aspect, I mean people's faces are narrowed, a bowl is nrarrowed, etc. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Lightroom. Didn't help. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the printer and downloaded the current drivers. Didn't help. I reset the printer to factory defaults. Didn't help. I have compared my settings to those of my friend with her computer running Windows 10 and the same printer. Settings are the same for printing. Her photos come out matching when she sees on the screen. I have re-calibrated my monitor. Didn't help. I then opened a photo in Windows Picture Viewer and selected print. The colors and aspect match exactly. This tells me that something is off with Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, but I don't know what to look for or change! In Lightroom Classic, if I select a 4x6 paper, select portrait, turn off all Image Settings, the aspect is correct. However that prints the photo very small in the middle of the 4x6 paper. If I select landscape in the print settings, and turn on "Zoom to Fill" and "Rotate to Fit", the aspect of the person's face is narrowed. This does NOT happen to my friend when she has those exact settings for landscape. Since it doesn't happen with the Windows Photo viewer, I have to believe it is not the printer, but the Lightroom Classic and Photoshop programs. It does not make a differnce if I select Normal-size, Borderless, Fit to Page, or Scaled in my printer properties.  HELP!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us which computer operating system, and which version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. Lightroom Classic 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Canon Pro 10 and use Mac Monterey with the latest LRC - no apparent problems on my system.

Maybe a Windows community professional can help more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm - have you checked in the Print dialog box to make sure that the settings are correct?

In other words,  You must disable the "PRINTER" color management and have LR manage the colors.

I found this from a wonderful community professional, Jim Hess in an earlier post:

"After you click on the page set up button in Lightroom, this is the printer driver dialog that appears:

kentdesign_0-1654876233174.jpeg

I have to check that box. If it is already checked I have to deselect it and check it again to bring up the next dialog:

kentdesign_1-1654876233174.jpeg

Here is where I choose "none", and then I choose my paper profile and other settings in the Lightroom print module. This method has consistently worked and provided excellent results for me. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I tried that but it didn't make any difference. You can see the change in this woman's face...from normal to narrowed...and the narrowed is how it prints.  My friend has the same printer and using Windows 10 and same settings that I use.  She doesn't have any issues.  I don't know what to try to get this to work!  I'm using the Canon Pro-100 printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no change to the woman's face in your screen-clip. It is not "narrowed" at all. It may only be an optical illusion for you.

I copied one  (left) face and overlaid it over the other (right) face, using Transform maintaining aspect in Photoshop- and it is the SAME, IDENTICAL. Can you explain more?

2022-06-11 09_42_28-image.png @ 100% (Layer 2, RGB_8#) _.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines