• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom changes color

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my raw images in CR2 format into Lightroom from my SD card it loads the images as I  tab through them and once they load they noticably wash out. It is especially noticeable with sunset photography. Also even the small image in the gallery photo selector at the bottom changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

This is expected behavior. When images are first loaded Lightroom displays the embedded JPEG preview. That preview reflects all of the in-camera settings. But Lightroom builds a preview of the raw image data. Lightroom does not read the in-camera settings. This is because every camera maker designs their raw file format differently. So Adobe has programmed Lightroom to not read those settings. If you find that Lightroom consistently displays your raw data in a way that you always make the same c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expected behavior. When images are first loaded Lightroom displays the embedded JPEG preview. That preview reflects all of the in-camera settings. But Lightroom builds a preview of the raw image data. Lightroom does not read the in-camera settings. This is because every camera maker designs their raw file format differently. So Adobe has programmed Lightroom to not read those settings. If you find that Lightroom consistently displays your raw data in a way that you always make the same corrections, you can create a preset and apply that preset on import to make those "standard" adjustments. Or, you can make those adjustments on a newly imported image and then save new camera defaults. Then Lightroom will always apply those "standard" adjustments whenever you import new images or reset images that have already been imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. Suddenly started. It's killing me slowly. Havent changed any settings. Now when I import my photos, the original one in preview on my laptop looks completely different from the preview on my LR. Also have canon 6d mark ii. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines