• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.1.1, Big Sur, Mac mini with Apple Silicon, CRASHES. Any thoughts?

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks ago I got my Mac Mini, 16 RAM, 512 SSD, M1 Apple Silicon Chip

I am running the latest version in the version of intel Ps, build 22.1.1 and have absolutely no issue here whatsoever (excet when rendering trees...). 

However, when working wirh LrC, build 10.1.1,  it crashes after a while, just like that. The system says the external HD - where I keep catalogue and images - was ejected unexpectedly, BUT, even though it says that and Lr crashes, the HD did not relly get ejected!

Did anyone have the same or similar issues? I may just have to be patient till Adobe's engineers recover from the Christmas holidays (just kidding, no offence meant, :-)) and produce native Adobe software for the Apple Silicon Chip.

Chhers, stay safe 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be unrelated to the M1 chip -- lots of people are complaining about LR 10.1 and 10.1.1 crashing on different versions of Mac OS.  Try rolling back to LR 10.0:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/ 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johnrellis, I will certainly follow your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't given a spedific timeline eother than 2021 for porting LrC to be a Universal app.  

I ran into a similar issue last week - all I got was excuses from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must appologise for my fellow Community members: I discovered that the external HD is on the verge of collapsing: luckily enough I have a backup copy on another HD. I am getting a new HD tomorrow.

So the case may be considered closed, as the solution boils down to HD malfunction.

Thank you all, 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you're making progress -- good luck on recovering from the backup.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, and thank you again. Now everything works as smooth as silk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines