• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.1 | Big Sur | Canon 5D MKIV | USB A to USB C Adaptor | Macbook Pro M1

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

Really stuck with Lightroom Classic running on a new Macbook Pro 13 M1 with Big Sur. I have a Canon 5D MKiV, with the standard USB Cable into an Apple USB A to USB A adaptor. When I connect the camera, it is visable in Lightroom classic, but on the import screen, whilst I can select my camera, it says there are no photos to import. 

Please help! 

Thanks 

Michael 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the enclosed folders button. For some reason on new installations it defaults to not show the subfolders on the memory card cameras store the images in. The setting should stick after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont seem to have that.... Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 18.54.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having any other problems running Lightroom Classic?  Also are you able to run Bridge and PhotoShop with your new computer?  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL   Importing directly from a camera does not have "show subfolders" as it is in the Device section. 

@MickeyJL    I dont think it is the Apple USB A to USB C adapter as that adapter allows me to import photos directly from my 5Dmk3 to my Ipad Pro with a USB C port using the original Canon cable and adapter.  

As a side note. it works for me on a Canon 5Dmk3 using regular usbA and Catalina on my Imac to import into Lr10.1.1.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob Somrak You are right of course. I am so used to using a card reader that I didn't think of that. 

@MickeyJL I would recommend you use a card reader instead of direct connection to the camera. For some reason Lightroom always had random issues importing directly from a camera. If you want to test your current setup however, one thing to do is to buy a $8 usb-c to usb-A adaptor from amazon. I use these with my M1 mac and they work great for importing images. The Apple adaptor should be fine but if you suspect there is something wrong, it is cheap to test and the adapters you can find on amazon are much smaller and you can even leave them plugged into your Mac.

I use these but there hundreds of different types of these: https://www.amazon.com/Syntech-Adapter-Thunderbolt-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B07CVX3516/ref=sr_1_3?crid=...

\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michey, 

I'm facing the same issue with a Macbook pro M1. Did you finaly find a solution?
If so, would you mind to share it?
Thanks,

Pino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines