• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.1 recently much slower to launch on Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running LR Classic 10.1 (automatically updated) on a Windows PC. Win 10 Pro version 10.0.19041 and all updates installed. 16MB RAM. Old NVidia GeForce GT520 graphics card with 500MB ( yes, I know).

In the last few weeks, LR has become slow to load fully. It shows as 90%+ CPU and as I watch the system monitor, I can see 6 instances of Dynamic Link Manager 14 load - they slowly drop off one by one and then LR is fine and CPU usage drops to nomral . Everything works OK after that.

Catalogue optimised and on big SSD with images. Other performance options set to make it run more quickly.

Any ideas welcomed? Thank you.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Please try optimizing the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

If the issue persists, you can try re-installing the app after uninstalling it using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool. You can check out the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nikunj,

I have already optimised the Lightroom preferences and other perfromance-related settings.

I'd rather not do a full uninstall-reinstall, as it's a fair bit of work and I'm very busy at present.

However, as stated originally, Lightroom runs perfectly well once loaded. It's just the slow load time because of the 6-7 instances of Dynamic Link Manager 14 that appear one by one. Why does this happen? What is their purpose? Nothing to do with video file indexing, as all my images are stills.

I'd appreciate answers to these questions.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines