• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.2 not renaming files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this week, Lightroom Classic 10.2 is not renaming images inside of my folders. It's a process I've done forever and now simply isn't working. I have a 1 subfolder with my "selects" organized and sorted. I select all and inside the Library Module, rename the photos. But now, it's skipping files completely or simply not renaming them. What is going on?

I have reinstalled LR, deleted my preferences, created new catalogs which will work for a bit then it starts happening again. The catalogs are 200 images or less. Anyone else have this issue or solved it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that is what's been happening to me as well. I did have some success with renaming them in smaller batches for some reason. I also renamed my main folder to remove the + sign with the suggestions above. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not renaming images in a subfolder for me either. It doesn't display an error. It simply does nothing. 10.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue... I am suddenly unable to batch rename my files.  It worked perfectly fine just the other day, so I really don't understand what has happened.  I am only able to successfully rename a file one at a time, which is simply not acceptable for my workflow.  Has anyone figured out how to fix this?  I have a deadline and batch renaming really is a must for me!!!  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please (everyone with this issue) report it with your details in this thread in the Lightroom Feedback site:

Lightroom Classic: 10.2 batch file renaming not working | Adobe Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines