• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.2 re-numbering files when using external program

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Lightroom Classic to version 10.2. Usually, I work with a third-party noise remover, from within LR Classic, and the modified file is added as a ".tiff" right next to the working file, but just one file number increase with the additional file.
Now, since updating to version 10.2, after using the 3rd party program, the original file and the modified file are both renumbered and added to the end of the current libray. At first, I thought my filees were lost. 

This needs to be addressed and corrected to how it worked in previous version. I like to be able to easily work with side by side versions A/B along with C, D, E, etc. for comparison purposes without having to scroll completely to the end of my current library, sometimes as many as 1200 photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you sort within LrC by capture date and time then all present or future versions derived from the same original exposure, will naturally present side by side - since they all share that same common capture timestamp, in their metadata.

If newly made versions appear at the end, a long way distant from whatever image version they've been based on, then I expect you have your LrC set to sort on another attribute - maybe date/time last edited, or date/time of being added to the LrC library.

OR you have manually re-ordered thumbnails and thus your view has changed to "Custom sort". In That case newly made versions must be shown arriving right at the end, since your established Custom ordering of which prior image sits next to which, has not included for / left spaces for those new ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines