• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.2 will not display previews for MP4 videos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple hundred mp4 videos in my Lightroom Classic catalog.  Now that I have installed LRC 10.2, previews no longer show up for them, and I can't play them in the library.  However, I can view those videos just fine using Lightroom (non-classic), Camera Raw 13.2, Photoshop, Bridge, and the Microsoft Photos app.  I re-installed Lightroom Classic, but it changed nothing.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic 10.2 is unable to show previews of .MP4 videos.

Have you tried importing the videos even when the previews are unavailable? Do you get any error message? Is this an issue with selected videos or video formats?

To get started, please clear the cache from Lightroom Classic app: 

1. In Lightroom, choose Edit > Preferences > File Handling (Windows) or Lightroom > Preferences > File Handling (Mac OS).
  2. Click Purge Cache under the Camera Raw Cache Settings. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared the cache a few times; it never had any effect.

When I try to import a new video, the message "Import files at their current location" shows above the progress bar, and it appears that Lightroom hangs up.  After a couple minutes, I checked in Task Manager, and Lightroom was running at very low cpu level, and Dynamic Link Manager at 0 cpu, so I ended the Dynamic Link Manager task, and then got the message "There is a problem with the video file (1)" in Lightroom Classic.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Keith.

Would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the app preferences had no effect.

The only thing I have changed recently was to clone my disk and install two new disks in a raid 1 configuration.  I can't see how that could affect videos in lightroom and nothing else, but I suppose it mighjt be a clue.

I checked again.  Lightroom non-classic, Premier Rush, and several less-capable program handle the videos fine, so I think this must be a Lightroom Classic idoosyncracy instead of a configuration issue on my PC.

But Premier Rush complained that the My Documents folder was not in its default location.

Thanks,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Keith.

Would you mind sharing a few sample MP4 videos with us so that we may try replicating the issue at our end? You may upload the file to any file sharing service like Dropbox and share the URL with us or message me privately. 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A video that won't show in Lightroom Classic is here.

HOWEVER, I have done several things that make me thing it is not the videos themselves:

I ran Lightroom Classic on my Surface Pro 3, using the same software version, catalog and images, and it handled the videos just fine.

I just did a complete uninstall and re-install of Lightroom Classic, and it did not affect the issue.

I looked in the Windows error logs,and found that I get an error every time I start Lightroom Classic on this PC.  It is under Windows Logs / Application, and the error report is:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60016b62
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x5a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7333c5a0803a4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Helpers\DynamicLinkMediaServer\dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 417c71c2-0767-47b4-b151-89ab685aa8d2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Does that tell anyone anything?

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing the info & we're sorry that the issue persists. We tried importing the video you shared to Lightroom Classic 10.2 & we were able to view the preview of the video & play it back (please check attached screenshot).

You can try re-installing Lightroom Classic after uninstalling it using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool. You can check the steps to use the cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the cleaner and re-installing, and it made no difference.  I also tried starting the PC in safe mode and trying Lightroom, but nothing seemed to work in that mode.  At first, my PC would not go into safe mode, but I got that corrected, and now that safe mode works, Lightroom will still not show the videos even in safe mode.

I still get two windows application log events every time I start Lightoom:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Faulting application name: dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60016b62
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x30e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d745aba57bc1d8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Helpers\DynamicLinkMediaServer\dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 511a3319-6927-4c94-ad98-6f695389afc5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fault bucket 1850541281096277874, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe
P2: 14.0.0.0
P3: 60016b62
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.789
P6: 2bd748bf
P7: 000000000007286e
P8: c0000409
P9: 0000000000000007
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3C2A.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3D93.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3DA3.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3DB1.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3DD1.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_dynamiclinkmedia_6245349f2c4b92b1ab6588d0c38f89cfeef046ee_1ac6fe74_6da5ce08-6b80-4231-a572-b8439498ad00

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 511a3319-6927-4c94-ad98-6f695389afc5
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: bbe360f4df797dbf59ae717d95f09f72
Cab Guid: 0

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is truly bizarre, because Lightroom Classic works as expected on two other PC's of mine, using the same catalog and images.  This, however, is the only PC I have that has a Xeon processor.

Thanks,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Also used the cloud cleaner, deactivated firewall etc. but still the same error..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here at the end of 2023. None of my mp4 files show up in Library, but if I go to import them manually, it says they "appear to already be in the catalog." The file counts do not indicate they are there. My concern was that I'll delete a folder thinking there were zero files in it when they could have videos. Note to self: don't delete any folders from LR Classic. This issue doesn't seem to be widespread (unfortunately, as that would drive a fix) but is certainly an issue for a few of us. Any updates are welcome. FYI, I'm on LR Classic 13.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines