• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic (10.2) won't open on macOS Big Sur (11.2.3)

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My macbook pro recently upgraded to Big Sur (11.2.3). It originally opened and ran lightroom classic 10.2 in the first 24 hours after upgrading, but after it was turned off for the night it now wont open at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Installed later versions of lightroom. I have used creative cloud cleaning tool, and restarted my mac and nothing. I have also moved my .lock file into trash from my lightroom folder and restarted and still nothing. Photoshop and premier pro are working normally. I'm at a complete loss. I am a wedding photographer and I need to get my gallerys finished. Could someone please advise me on what else to try?

Laptop specs

Macbook pro Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

1.62 TB available

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us if you're getting an error while launching the app or do you just get the splash screen & not happens?

Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

90% of the time no error message, just the splash screen. Sometimes if I try to open it by going directly to a backup saved file it will tell me to report the crash, but will just say it crashed due to an erorr and not say the error.

I tried all your suggestions and it is still is not opening. 

Gen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gen,

Sorry to hear that the steps shared above didn't help. Could you please let me know what exactly happens when you try to launch Lightroom Classic? Do you get any error message?

Also, could you try resetting Lightroom's preferences manually and let us know if that helps? You can check the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Sahil, i am having the same issue on my macbook pro after updating to big sur.

anytime i click open lightroom it says lightroom quit unexpectedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I tried the first steps you offered (no success), and am trying the second steps now, but in order to change the preferences, the app has to be open, so I can't perform the second steps.

PLEASE FIX THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NikunJ.m 

Having the same problem. After installing Lr Classic 10.2, it splashes screen and abit and never get to the program. Trying reinstalling for many many time. Follow your guiding on resetting preference or delete the file from preference. Still, I cannot get to the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

I'm having the same problem but on Windows. I've tried reinstalling, clearing the prefs, changing the gpu settings manually. Nothing is helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too.  Have to reinstall with privious version.  Still waiting for the fix !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh. That was the thing I was putting off doing because knowing me I will forget and update it again.
I think i'll do that though and make a note somewhere that its what I've done, until its fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried opening this on my Mac desktop with BigSur and same. Splash screen blip and then nothing after...

ADOBE - Why we paying for software thats not working? 

any updates on this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - ADOBE, WHERE IS THE FIX, PLEASE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem!! Is there a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines