• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 M1 native: moving a develop slider results in temporary blurriness

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've turned off graphics acceleration, tried check and uncheck box "Use Smart Previews instead of Originals for image editing" and result the same: when I moving any slider in Develop module the image goes blurry. When I release the slider I then get the desired result and the image is crisp again. If I am zoomed it at to 1:1 there is no temporary blurriness when I move a develop sliders. But if I am using anything less than 1:1, including "fit" and "fill," then the temporary blurriness occurs every time.
This is a huge problem for my eyes while trying to tweak the settings on an image.
And it happens only with M1 native version of Lightroom. I tried starts Lightroom with Rosetta and it works normally and without this issue but more slowly. But I want to work with M1 native version because I buyed Mac Mini M1 exactly for it.
Anyone have the same issue? And maybe someone has an solution or thouths about this problem.
Thanks for your answers!

I am attached two screenshots on whose you can see blurry image when I hold slider and crisp when I release it. 

Mac mini (M1, 2020) 16 Gb
Big Sur 11.6.1
Lightroom Classic 11.0.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your Camera RAW CACHE is not clesring. In LrC /prefetences/file handeling/  purge the CACHE. 

And while you ate in that prefence tab, how large are you allowing thr CACHE to get, the default of 5 GB is way too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice!

I forgot to write that i did it. Now I tried purge the cache again and set cache size to 20 GB and restart LR, but it didn't help and I still have this issue.

And I think that is not because small cache size because Intel LR version with Rosetta2 does not have this problem even when cache size set by default (5 GB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines