Exit

Lightroom Classic 11.1 can't locate my Canon Lens Profile

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.1

Mac Catalina 10.15.4

Went to edit some images in Lightroom Classic and now it can't find my Canon 24-105 F4-7.1 lens profile.

I have checked in the Camera Raw Lens Profile directory and it appears there.

Open Lightroom Classic from Creative Cloud

Import images to new folder

Go to Develop Module

Scroll down to Lens Corrections

Tick Romve Chromatic Aberations and Enable Profile Corrections, Setup is Auto as always

Message down the bottom says "Unable to locate a matching profile automatically."

Change Setup to Default, select Canon and it only shows the Canon EF lenses.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

"Change Setup to Default, select Canon and it only shows the Canon EF lenses."

You're editing a non-raw (e.g. a JPEG or TIFF). Most lens profiles are for raws only and won't appear in the list when editing a non-raw.  Edit a raw and you should see all the Canon lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"This seems to be your default answer but you are again incorrect. Canon RAW file as I do not shoot JPG."

It's fairly common that people's camera settings get accidentally changed, they don't notice, and they post here.  When you've got a JPEG selected in Develop, only Canon EF lenses are displayed; when you've got a raw selected, all the lenses are displayed.

Prove me wrong by foll

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Change Setup to Default, select Canon and it only shows the Canon EF lenses."

You're editing a non-raw (e.g. a JPEG or TIFF). Most lens profiles are for raws only and won't appear in the list when editing a non-raw.  Edit a raw and you should see all the Canon lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be your default answer but you are again incorrect.

Canon RAW file as I do not shoot JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"This seems to be your default answer but you are again incorrect. Canon RAW file as I do not shoot JPG."

It's fairly common that people's camera settings get accidentally changed, they don't notice, and they post here.  When you've got a JPEG selected in Develop, only Canon EF lenses are displayed; when you've got a raw selected, all the lenses are displayed.

Prove me wrong by following these steps:

1. In Develop, type "i" to display the info overlay in the upper-right corner, which includes the file name.

2. In the Calibration panel, check Enable Profile Corrections and do Setup: Auto.

3. Open the Model drop-down menu.

4. Type Cmd + Shift + 3 to make a screenshot. 

5. Post the screenshot here.  If you've got a .cr3 selected, it will look like the first screenshot below, with many Canon lenses displayed. If you've got a .jpg selected, it will look like the second, with only the EF lenses displayed:

johnrellis_0-1642310619924.png

johnrellis_2-1642310717411.png

I'll assume that if you don't reply, then I was correct. But prove me wrong, and we'll figure out what's really going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WELL F&*^ ME.

Just checked my files and somewhere between 9.34 and 9.36am 11.12.2021 I changed it.

I DON'T KNOW HOW. But obviouslly I changed it. Went from CR3 to JPG and  I didn't even notice on the file name plate at the top of each image.

Now I feel like a right D!(k.

My apologies for doubting you and thanks for making me look.

Changed the camera back now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it was easy to resolve. The default settings for LR don't make it obvious when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply--I should also have said that I don't really know a lot about computers--

I did change my lens in LR Develop to RF 100-500 under Lens Corrections.

I should have said that I import raw images--and the file format in Preferences is set for TIFF--should I change it to JPEG?  I really don't know why they are set at TIFF--just assumed it was a default setting as I don't even remember changing that.  

Will using a dif. camera effect the speed?  I have also switched over to the Canon R6.  I don't remember initially setting up my camera in LR, but maybe I did.  Where is the default setting you  are referring to?   "Change Setup to Default, select Canon and it only shows the Canon EF lenses."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon R5 (I think I might have said R6, but it's the R5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon RP

Peter
peter@peterking.photo
www.peterking.photo
www.shutterpups.org.au
in Whadjuk Nyoongar country

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a mirrorless camera, LrC may or may not associate it with a lens correction.

So, I downloaded an example Canon RP, RF 24-105 F4 L RAW file, and on my MACBook Pro Retina 15", LrC v11.1 , MACO OS 12.1.0, not a problem

Oh, and if Iclick on the lens, I can see tour lens lisyed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So a mirrorless camera, LrC may or may not associate it with a lens correction."

The raw example I posted above is from a Canon EOS RP. The Lens Correction panel automatically selected the correct lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been around this loop. I was editing a PSD file in Lightroom. The fact that it offered me a small selection of lenses (and not the one I wanted) was whar confused me. Found the DNG version and it had all the lenses available.

[In this case it was the lens was the SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM A018 which is, of cousre, in the LensProfile folder]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has confused many, many people since LR 1. It would be so simple for the app to show a warning that you're not editing a raw file and most len's profiles are for raws only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines