• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11.1 Develop Module very slow

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac M1 with 8GB RAM: Lightroom classic 11 was very fast. In 11.1 after few photos developed I can claerly see a performance degradation. 

I think there should be some kind of memory leaks, because Lightrrom occupy more than 7GB of memory

Am I the only one?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performance degradation for what actions in the Develop Module? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everything, also the scrolling of the right area where are located adjustment tools. There are lags everywhere. 
If I close Lightroom and open again it works well for about 10-15 images and than slow down again and it's very slow after 70-100 images. It's very strange because the version 11.0 was very very fast, but the 11.1 has this problem on both my Mac mini M1 and MacBook Air M1

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Big Sur or Monterey? If latter, have you updated to 12.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.1

I updated macOS and Lightroom the same day, so really I don't know if the cause is Lightroom or macOS 12.1, even if noticing the large amount of memory used by Lightroom I suspect is Lightroom.

One hour ago Lightroom used 8gb ram, the whole amount of ram!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why, but some customers have found that reverting to 11.0.1 helped. You can do this from within the Creative Cloud app by clicking on the three-dots menus on right side of Apps panel, theh choosing Other Versions. This will open a list of previous versions from which can choose the version that you want to revert to. I suggest 11.0.1 rather than 11.0 though as the former includes some important bug fixes. I've attached a screenshot as an aide.

lrc-other-versions-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Ian!
Yes it works! Reverting to 11.0.1 solved the problem! Let's hope adobe will fix it in the next release 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While reverting to an older version has been found to redress the performance issue, I'm not sure that anyone has a clear picture of why. You mentioned that you'd updated both the OS and LrC on the same day. My guesss is that that's probably where the issue lies. In particular, the outworking of some memory leak fixes in Monterey 12.1 and how these imapct on LrC running on an M1 with base memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem and used the same solution (downgrading to 11.0.1). I have a Macbook Pro M1 Pro with 16 GB of RAM running MacOS 12.1. Everything got very slow after a few photos. Hope Adobe finds a solution for this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have Monterey 12.1 with lightroom 11.1 on a macbook air M1 with 8GB of RAM

I downgrade to 11.0.1 but the problem persist so I have to downgrade to 11.0 and finally is fast.

I notice that on 11.0.1 and 11.1 Lightroom was using 7.5gb of RAM. Now with 11.0 it use only 4gb and works fast.

Hope adobe solve this problem on the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for this! I have the exact same problem on my M1 Mac 8GB, and solved it by reverting to 11.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines