Exit

P: Slideshow captions wrong in preview

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Version 11.1 11.0.1
Operating System macOS 11 Big Sur
When viewing the slideshow in Preview the wrong captions are shown for some images. It is OK when exported to a PDF. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

updating missing status

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The December 2023 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Which file format are they in which you're seeing this issue? Since when have you been seeing this issue? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?  Is it possible if you can share the screenshot of the issue? 

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also having this same issue of the caption text not showing correctly. I am on a Mac running Monteray. Problem has persisted through multiple weeks, restarting the program, and updating Lightroom Classic to the most recent version just today. I also have tried on a differnt person's computer with their own Lightroom Classic software and images and they have the same problem. The problem only happens in the Slideshow module when arrowing through the slides in the slide editor view. It is essentially showing the caption text from whichever image you viewed last on top of the file instead of the current file's caption. When you move to the next image it changes to the caption from the image you were just viewing. I have attached screenshots to illustrate. The captions match the text in the images. The 1st image shows the caption as empty, then I arrow to the 2nd  image and it shows the 1st image's text, I arrow to the 3rd image and it shows the second, arrow back to the 2nd and it shows the 3rd, back to the 1st and it shows the 2nd. When I click on the caption text it becomes correct, but the problem persists if I change slides again. When you play the slideshow or export it to pdf/video the captions display correctly, but it is very confusing to work on a slideshow and have all the text be wrong in the editor view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bother, it didn't put the images in the correct order - ignore previous files, here they are renamed to be in the correct order:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the very same problem. Here it is late October, and Adobe has done nothing to address this problem. I am on an iMac running Monterey 12.6.1, and using LrC 12.0 - the latest release. When will Adobe respond with a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here!  (v11.5, macOS 12.6)

Exactly as suzig51556911 (see above) has described in detail!

I am absolutely perplexed that so few people respond to this serious problem!

For me, it makes the latest few versions of LrC unusable, and I have to stay with 10.4 (rather than say 11.5). This is because I always make slideshows of my collections, and always use a number of metadata fields on the slideshows. I frequently go into the slideshow module to proofread captions etcetera, making sure correct spelling and info, and that the text feels natural as you move from photo to photo, and that the fields fit the available space without any clashes. Making corrections as needed.

"Playing" the slideshow is no viable solution, since I go back and forth frequently between Slideshow and Grid to adjust the text fields as necessary.

The ONLY other thread I came across regarding this problem is https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lightroom-classic-11-1-slideshow-wrong-captions-sho... from 2022-01-05, but the ONLY response there is: "That certainly sounds like a bug" (by Victoria Bampton)

The bug happens for any file format of the photos (CR2, JPG, HEIC, ...)

I have tried various attempts at troubleshooting:

I have created a completely new fresh catalog to which I only import a small number of photos and then set some captions etcetera for test purposes. Same problem. I have restarted my machine (macOS 12.6), same problem. I have disabled the only plug-in I have, same problem. I tried different fields, same problem. I have used different presets as Templates, same problem. I have selected all photos in filmstrip or only one photo, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updating missing status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update re. this problem from Rikk at Adobe since 13.1.23 (pasted below)? It's nearly a month now. 

I seem to spend 60% of my time in Lightroom Classic, wrestling with bugs and looking (usually unsuccessfully) for fixes. 

How I miss Aperture! 

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

LATEST

updating missing status

STATUS Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The December 2023 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate