• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic 11.2 doesn't launch (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

my Lightroom Classic v11.2 suddenly decided not to launch anymore: when clicking on the icon the little blue circle turns during 1 second and nothing happens. Going into the task manager, I see that Lightroom is a bagkground process. In the lightroom directory, there is a lrcat.lock version of the catalog. There are also lrcat-shm and lrcat-wal versions of the catalog appaering then disapearing every second.

I searched through the web and didn't find any solution to my problem. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the Ctrl/Opt key while starting Lightroom.

This will bring you a catalog selection dialog where you can also check the integrity of a catalog.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to this tip I was able to see that the problem was coming from my last catalog. I started with a backup version of the catalog and it works fine.

Than you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that does not help, try resetting the preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/#:~:text=In%20Lightroom%20and%2....

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines