• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11.2 freezes during synchronize Folder

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Folder with 2900 photographs,  I have manually added 200 outside of LR. (they were from a apple iphone cant properly import p[ictures into correct dated folder) But this issue I have is with Classic in windows 10, sync. When I attempt to sync, Classic Freezes and the Icon on the desk top turns to a circle and spins.  I have attempted to do a pref reset and no luck.  Anyone got any thoughts or things to check to see what maybe causing the issue. I have cleaned the catalog. Could have Duplicate file names? that is possible.  I have 819k pictures in my catalog. (I try to import apple pics external and rename prefix from IMG_to A13_

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Add in Import instead? And then using a lower number. I've done that many JPEGS from show shoots recently, so it should be fine, but to be safe, it might be easier to just bring in 1000 at a time. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to what's happening, I wonder if it's just taking a long time reading metadata to detect changes in existing file.s 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know. I am moving the bulk of pictures to a New sub folder in the catalog then I will attpmt a sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think you'd be better using Import and the Add option here. Synchronise was designed to add images, yes, but also to find missing images and updated metadata as well. You're just looking to add images at a set location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i do a add to a folder i already have?--
Ron Byram
Photographing the Adventure
https://photographingtheadventure.smugmug.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, even tested it there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok. thanks for feedback sean. I have always done the SYnc  I will change my workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines