• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11.3 won't open in Macbook Pro mid 2015 with MacOS Monterrey

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to MacOS Monterrey and Lightroom Classic 11.3 won't open. The splash screen comes up, starts loading and stays at "Reading Preferences", after a while it crashes and asks me to send a report to Adobe which I did. Any other suggestions?

This is a clean install of the OS so there are no previews versions or any related files on this computer.

I already added it to the Accesibility panel on the Security & Privacy options as suggested by Adobe in another post but it didn't work.

Specs

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Try rolling back to LrC 11.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually delete the preference file as outlined here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saw the same thing on my 2021 16" MBP M1 Max. However, on the second try, LrC opens and runs just fine.

Edited: I'm not sure that I see the reading preferences message, it happens so fast.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rolling back to LrC 11.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried this, didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rolled back even further and the 11.0 version did worked. Thanks for this idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated, “I already added it to the Accesibility panel on the Security & Privacy options as suggested by Adobe in another post but it didn't work.”

Did you also allow LrC and Photoshop. “Full disk access” in your Lightroom preferences and power off the computer and reboot for the new setting to take effect?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines