• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 Update - painfully slow, even with Minimal Previews

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the most recent update, viewing photos in the Library or Develop areas is painfully slow, even with Minimal Previews which up until the last few days, had worked well.

I don't have a super fast system, but I had got it to a manageable state, but now it's gone back to how it was this time last year.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in performance wth the latest update?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say, I have rolled back to 11.4, and its as it was, fast enough for my needs.

I think there is something wrong with the 11.4.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac system is Lightroom Classic very slow. Rendering is offen so bad that i see big pixels.

Please Adobe make me happy again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nahojpro 

Please provide the following basic infomation:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Tuning off the GPU acelleration it is Almost like before.

in the Adobe Blog was mentioned:

Export Performance

(Lightroom Classic)

Lightroom Classic now enables GPU acceleration for export operations so you can spend less time waiting for your finished photos.

So i Turned it on... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact same issue. How did you roll back the version? It's unusable for me... Had no issues before and now I can't even use brushes or anything.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try turning off the GPU first?

To answer the question, go to Lightroom Classic in the Creative Cloud app and click on the elipsis on the right. (the three dots), Other versions is an option there. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Julian,

In Lightroom Classic: Preferences, Performance. Turn Off "Use Graphics Processor" It helps for me. Roll back is not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with 11.4.1. I ensured graphic acceleration was disabled but it makes no difference. It hangs with "working..." in the keywords panel and I can't edit anything. I uninstalled 11.4.1 and went back to 11.4 but it's still doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello TrainGeek,

my good old workhorse is a macbook mid 2012 but with fast 4TB SSD and 16 GB RAM. I had also problems wirh ALC 11.4.1 but after disable acceleration graphic card it was better but not good. So i did another thing in the system settings, go to energie save. There i turned off the automatic chance for the graphic card change. So on my macbook it is always the fastet graphic card activ. And now i'm happy again.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. I have posted about this issue and have had no response. It seems that LrC only uses minimal resources. It is so painful. glad that one person think 11.4 is better. Going to try that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines