• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11.5 | Color shift from library to develop module when GPU acceleration is ON

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a big challange on a MBP PRO 16" M1 MAX with LR.

If GPU acceleration is off LR is really sluggish. With acceleration on, LR is really snappy.

The problem arises due to fact that, is GPU acceleration on the colors I have on de Dev module are much lessa saturated then on the library module and on the exported images. This renders nearly impossible to use GPU accelartion.

With GPU acceleration off develop module and library module colors are perfectly consistent.

I'm using a LG 5K display calibrated with Spyder X.

Any possible help on this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running MacOS Ventura beta by any chance? This is a known issue with this beta software and a reason not to use a beta OS on a production machine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan,

Thank you !

You are 100% right. My bad 🙂

I did not reach that conclusion. Never though the OS would be the issue.

Thank you for pointing me the problem.

I'll wait for october 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the preview architecture in Develop is unique to all other modules and the most accurate preview of the data. You should always view previews there and elsewhere at 1:1 or greater and when comparing, use the same zoom for each. 
It is normal to see slight differences at 1:1 but if really excessive, the first thing to try is to disable GPU in preferences; better? If not, you might have a corrupted display profile. Recalibrate the display or whatever you usually do to create a display profile. When given the option to build this profile, pick Version 2 (not V4) and Matrix not LUT. As to viewing Develop module and Library and outside of LR, it helps to soft proof in Develop using the same profile used in Library (Adobe RGB (1998)) OR the profile selected in Export for the edited image. 
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

I was expriencing the same colour shift issue with my 16" macbook pro M1 using Lightroom Classic 11.5 Develpoment Modual and Ventura Beta with accelartion on. I needed to go back to Montery. Does anyone know if this issue is now solved in Mac OSX Ventura public and LR 12 on the 16" MacBook Pro M1?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope i still have it bruv! :(( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!!! Problem is solved by installing Ventura 13.1, you need to download the beta and it works flawlessly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm. You need to download release version 13.1 and not past beta correct? 
I was under the impression Ventura is no public release.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@norbk39443763 wrote:

Just to confirm. You need to download release version 13.1 and not past beta correct? 
I was under the impression Ventura is no public release.  

There is no release version of MacOS Ventura 13.1 yet. The release version is 13.0.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ventura 13.1 RC came out today 07.12. I needed to install the developer beta tester.
https://developer.apple.com/news/releases/?id=12072022e

I tried everything to fix the color issue, downloaded different version of lightroom and the issue dissapeared only when I disabled GPU. But with 13.1 it works flawlessly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines