• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11 not finding RAW files on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated from Lightroom Classic 6 to Lightroom Classic 11 but now it's not recognizing the raw files on my camera when I plug it in to import (it is showing the camera as connected but says that no image files were found). My camera settings have not changed and everything had been working fine prior to updating Lightroom. I'm not sure what I need to do to fix this. There are no issues with the raw files from this camera already in my catalogue.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use Windows File Exlorer to copy the photos to the desired folder?

Note that I stated copy, not move, do not trust move.

Then in LrC during the import, select Add instead of Copy or Copy as DNG

Alternate discussion

When the camera is connected, does LrC see the camera? Can you select the correct folder on the SD card? And does this behave differently if you choose Files instead of Devices? 

And why not remove SD card fromcameras, insert into SD card reader? 

note, copy/import methods from SD Card

• Place card in SD card reader, most dependable, fastest, the recommended method
  • SD card in camera, camera connected to computer via USB, Ok, can be flakey, not as fast, make sure USB cable is data capable, not just charge capable, Some cameras will treat as hard drive some only as a device.
  • SD card in camera, camera to computer via WiFi, no no no, extreme slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom can see the camera but not any subfolders inside the camera. It's behaving normally with photos already in files on the computer but not in the Lightroom catalogue (if that's what you're asking). I updated Lightroom when I replaced my computer. My old computer had a built in card reader, this one does not. I have one ordered, but it's not here yet. When I did have to do the occaisional import from my camera prior to the update, it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows File Explorer won't copy them over either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Windows File Explorer see them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows explorer can see the folders containing the RAW files but I can’t open them or copy the folders with contents onto the computer. I’m wondering if I need to update the camera’s firmware or if there is some problem with how the camera is interacting with Windows 11, but if it’s one of these I would have thought that I would have had problems pre-update too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Windows File Explorer cannot copy the photos, then it is not an LrC issue/cause.

Check the SD card for rights.

Check the cameras USB settings for anything that needs to be selected (more of a Fuji thing than Canon)

Check the card. Wright protection tab in wrong location?

Does a different SD card behave?

Do you have access to another  computer to try? At least copy via OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on another PC using the same cord, camera, sd card etc. This computer is running Windows 10 and Lightroom 6 and Lightroom can find and download the photos just like I could pre-update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that mean that the problem is with Windows or Lightroom 11?

I was planning to update Lightroom on the other PC once I got the inevitable kinks ironed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As your file manager fails to allow you to copy them, then it is in Windows. Some settin, some user or app rights.

Logon to your computer using the Admin account, see if your file manager behaves better. Would indicate user rights issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to have technical support for my computer reinstall BIOS to try to resolve sleep issues. As an unintended side effect it appears to have resolved the camera issue. When I went to try again to access the photos this morning, file explorer could open the folders and when I launched Lightroom it was able to see and import the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines