• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 11 on a new M1 Pro MacBook is so slow its unusable

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11 is supposed to be a universal binary and contain native M1 code, but after upgrading its so slow as to be unusable.

Trying to just look at a catalog means staring at a bunch of blank images, and then you can slowly see the previews wink in one by one over a 10 second period.  

I tried rebuilding the catalog and rebuilding smart previews, but there was no change.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

I have an M1 Mac mini with 16GB and haven't at any time experienced the issues you describe. That being said, I only transfered the catalog and support files to the mini and junked the old previews container, then rebuilt the previews from scratch. Looking at your previews, I suspect your previews may have been damaged during upgrade/transfer. Therefore, you'll need to junk the previews.lrdata container, then rebuild.  Yes, it's time consuming, but sometimes the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an M1 Mac mini with 16GB and haven't at any time experienced the issues you describe. That being said, I only transfered the catalog and support files to the mini and junked the old previews container, then rebuilt the previews from scratch. Looking at your previews, I suspect your previews may have been damaged during upgrade/transfer. Therefore, you'll need to junk the previews.lrdata container, then rebuild.  Yes, it's time consuming, but sometimes the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, mostly.  Thanks!  There are still some greyed out images, but maybe 90% of them are there now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am the using the latest version (as of 22-02-23) of Lightroom Classic on a Macbook Pro M1 Pro.  I have had FOUR sessions with Adobe techs and they acknowledge the problems but have no solutions.  We have uninstalled LRC multiple times.  And with them using their software to fully uninstall it.  They have created new users on both external hard drives and internal storage.  If anything, it has gotten worse.   The issue:  loading a processed image can take between 5 and 10 seconds, with only a gray screen showing online.  Cropping gives a gray screen for 5 to 28 seconds.  Masking and Transform even aggrivate and lengthen the times.  ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines