Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Classic 11 on a new M1 Pro MacBook is so slow its unusable

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11 is supposed to be a universal binary and contain native M1 code, but after upgrading its so slow as to be unusable.

Trying to just look at a catalog means staring at a bunch of blank images, and then you can slowly see the previews wink in one by one over a 10 second period.  

I tried rebuilding the catalog and rebuilding smart previews, but there was no change.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021
I have an M1 Mac mini with 16GB and haven't at any time experienced the issues you describe. That being said, I only transfered the catalog and support files to the mini and junked the old previews container, then rebuilt the previews from scratch. Looking at your previews, I suspect your previews may have been damaged during upgrade/transfer. Therefore, you'll need to junk the previews.lrdata container, then rebuild.  Yes, it's time consuming, but sometimes the only way.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an M1 Mac mini with 16GB and haven't at any time experienced the issues you describe. That being said, I only transfered the catalog and support files to the mini and junked the old previews container, then rebuilt the previews from scratch. Looking at your previews, I suspect your previews may have been damaged during upgrade/transfer. Therefore, you'll need to junk the previews.lrdata container, then rebuild.  Yes, it's time consuming, but sometimes the only way.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked, mostly.  Thanks!  There are still some greyed out images, but maybe 90% of them are there now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines