• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 12.0.1 doesn't import (or even see) some of my new psd files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm opening files from Lightroom Classic 120.1, editing them in Photoshop 24.0, and saving in new sizes, in a new folder. Lightroom is not seeing these new psd files automatically, nor when I try to synchronize, in fact it isn't even seeing the folder. It also doesn't see either either the files or folder when I try using the standard import method. All are inside a larger folder that it does see. All files are visible from my Finder window on Mac OS 12.6 Monterey, and all can be seen through Photoshop>File>Open. I rarely use Adobe Bridge but I just checked and it also can't see these new files. What is going on?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any special chracters such as colons, semicolons, slashes, etc. in the file or folder name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing special in the new folder name, it is just called thumbnails, with no space in front or behind. It is also unable to see new files added to an older folder, even though it still sees the older files. I tried saving as a tiff but it made no difference. The files are all there and fully accessible through my Finder window but it completely defeats all the library function of Lightroom if I can't make it synchronize the older folders or add the new folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to save them in another format like .tiff and have that work as expected?  .psd is the goal, but this will help troubleshoot.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving as tiff made no difference, although I didn't think it would if Lightroom couldn't even see the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check this: Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey and later. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that sounded like SUCH a good idea. Unfortunately, if didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all, I guess I was working too long yesterday and got too tired to notice that all the new files and folders saved to a completely different drive. I've relocated the batch to the correct drive and now all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines