• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic 12.2 people mask not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 12.2 on a Win 11 PC. i7 13th gen processor, Nvidea GT760 graphics card. All running latest updates.

When I select the mask in develop module and go down to select 'people' and the message 'no people found'is displayed. I can't therefore use the features to selct hair/skin etc as they don;t become available. This is the same on all images wther headshots, full person, whatever.  I don't know if relevanmt but face regognition IS enables in catalog settings.

The adaptive portrait presets also don't work - they 'run' and flash a brief message on the ascreen about AI taking a while but do nothing.

Anyone help?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much VRAM is on the graphics card? Newer GPU based features require more RAM. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidea GT760 graphics card. All running latest updates.

Very old GPU, might be falling behind.

In addition to the inquiry about VRAM, what is your actual GPU driver version? Last update was v474.14 released 2022.12.20, and it appears their will be no more updates

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/197601/en-us/

Is this a desktop PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's a desktop pc. This is a 2gb card. It's running the dec 22 driver mentioned above. It does appear to meet the min spec but guess that's not enough.  New card time I guess. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, LR's AI masking doesn't obey the setting of Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor and it will try to use the GPU even when that setting is off. Adobe stubbornly refuses to provide an option to disable the use of the GPU for AI masking:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-ai-masking-should-obey-preferences-gt-perfo...

As a result, people with older hardware won't be able to use AI masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines