• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 12.3 Create Slideshow hangs

Explorer ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a slideshow hangs while "Preparing preview".  It does not always hang at the same place.  Optimizing the catalog changes where it hangs, but does not resolve the problem.  There are 171 items in the collection.  A few of them are video, but it doesn't hang an a video file.  I cannot see anything different about the photo where it hangs than the one before it or the one after.  Before it was hanging on slide 66.  After optimizing it hangs on slide 105.  

Lightroom Classic 12.3, Windows 11

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Bernie33. I'll help you figure this out. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Please share the system info of Lightroom Classic from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > Upload and share with us here.

Where do you keep your Lightroom Catalog? On the internal or external drive?

Try these steps:

• Use images with uniform dimensions (only landscapes or portraits) in the slideshow as a test.
  • Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences, please check this article to troubleshoot further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html
  • Right-click on the collection & select export as a catalog > save to desktop. In the new catalog, try creating another slideshow with the existing files.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• System Info file attached.
  • Lightroom catalog on internal drive.
  • I skipped the uniform dimensions test.
    Graphics Processor was set to Custom > Use GPU for Image Processing (I don't remember why)
    • Tried it with Auto and Off but it didn't make any difference.  Still hung previewing slideshow.
  • Exported Collection as a catalog and it worked!!! 
    • Worked with GPU set to Auto and to Off. 
    • It worked both from the Folder and the Collection. 
    • The slideshow does contain a mixture of landscape and portrait photos, a couple of panoramas and a couple of short videos.  All came through fine in the slideshow.

Now, how do I get it to work in my main catalog?

Thanks for your help.

Bernie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sameer, or anyone at Adobe, still waiting for a response about how to fix the problem with my catalog.  I got a note to today from Adobe asking if Sameer's reply resolved the problem and if I can mark it resolved.  The answer so far is No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines