• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 12, AI tools and cloud sync - problems

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new AI masking and object removal tools in Lightroom 12 are startlingly good. But when I create a collection in Lightroom Classic, and sync it to the cloud as public, the AI edits do not get synced. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Three examples I have noticed. In one case I used the AI masking to select a figure and adjust the white balance on just that figure.  In another I selected a largish area to be context-aware replaced. In a third I selected just an object (water bottle) to be removed. I then created a collection, synced with the cloud, and made it public so someone else could download it. The edits are not visible when I look online, nor are they visible when I look at the images as a collection in Lightroom CC on another laptop.

All my editing is done on a Windows 11 PC. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update - doesn't sync all of the applied edits between devices. Healing/ masks reset back to the original when it syncs . how do i fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LocalHero1953 Sorry to know about the issue that you are facing. 
We tried similar workflow and everything synced fine with shared collection as well. For further debugging, can you please share your account details and diagnostic report? 
Diagnostic report can be generated using following steps
1. Go to preferences > Lightroom Sync 
2. Press and hold alt/option 
3. Click on 'Generate Diagnostic Report' 
Please share the file with us from any of the cloud source. If possible, please share the link to such public collection and a small screen recording of the issue that you are facing. 
Thank you

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Suhas.

I reported this issue uesterday, and saw your reply this morning. I checked the online collection again and found that the image where I first noticed the issue has now synced correctly. The others have not. I think the only action I have taken since reporting it was to export the image from Lightroom as a jpg (to check that the export function worked correctly).

I have put my diagnostic report in a Onedrive folder. I have added versions of three images: Files 1 and 2 demonstrate the issue, showing the edited version in my desktop Lightroom catalogue, and as downloaded from the Lightroom web interface. In File 1 a water bottle has not been removed. In File 2, the dancers' skin tones were too yellow, and I selected their figures with the AI mask tool to adjust the colour. The colour change has not carried across to the web version. In File 3, the large central area has been removed by context-aware fill. This file now shows correctly online.

My account is a Photography Plan, with the additional stand-alone apps Acrobat Pro and InDesign.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlkxueXWAhUUm6w0W1dVDf1ly6sxGg?e=swl6HV

I do not want to publish the link to the online images here, but can send it to you privately if it would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich habe in einem Bild mit dem neuen inhaltsbasierenden entfernen eine Leine von einem Hund entfernt (Lightroom Classic 12.0.1, MacOS 11.7).

Danach habe ich das Bild in eine Sammlung gesteckt, welche synchronisiert wird.  Die Sammlung dient dazu dass sich andere User Bilder zum Ausdrucken aussuchen.

Im Web, wie auch in Lightroom Mobile auf dem iPad, ist die Änderung nicht sichtbar. D.h. die Leine ist immer noch im Bild. Mit anderen Worten, Korrekturen mit inhaltsbasierenden entfernen werden anscheinend nicht synchronisiert. Ist das ein bekanntes Problem? Konnte dazu nichts finden.

Viele Grüße

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Lightroom Mobile on my iPad the changes are also not visible. I clicked on the timer icon on get the information that changes from my MacBook are missing. See attached screen shot (sorry the message is in German). I forced a sync with some smaller changes and got a sync error on the MacBook. Looking on the Sync error I get the message "Ausstehende Masken: 1" (outstanding masks:1 ?) See second screen shot. 
I stopped the sync and restarted it again. This time the sync was successfully and the change is synced to Lightroom Mobile. 

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines