• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIghtroom Classic 12 Develop module freezes Windows 11

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, my Lightroom Classic 11.5 was working perfectly. Upon installation of Lightroom Classic 12, my Develop Module freezes. That is... I can't navigate from one image to another. See the attached screencast for an example.

Briefly, here are my system specs (I've attached a complete system information file).

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
System: Windows 11 Home
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 522.30 Oct 2022)
Overclock Off

Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz

I've tried multiple GPU drivers (including the latest Nvidio Studio 522.30 release a couple days ago). I've also tried turning off the Nvidia GPU in preferences - to no avail.

I'm currently back to Lightroom Classic 11.5 whic works fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

...Jerry

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Well, after the 3rd (maybe 4th) try at the Update LrC 11.5/Install LrC 12/Reinstall LrC 11.5, Lightroom 12 seems to be working perfectly without a rebuilt preference file. What what was changed? Why is it working now? I wish I knew so I could post the answer here and possibly help others who might experience the same problem.  Guess I'll have to attribute it to Cosmic Rays. 🙂

Thanks to @GoldingD for taking the time to offer suggestions.

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered if your preference file has gotten corrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered if your preference file has gotten corrupted?

By @GoldingD

Certainly possible. I there any way I can check it an fix issues? Or do I have to reset it back to ground zero in order to check?

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This involves deleting a very specific file, either by a method using a keyboard sequence in LrC, or a manual method. Upon the next LrC start the file gets created afresh. Doing this can foul up any settings you have made in preferences as many if not all are reset to defaults. Also if you store presets in the catalog, you will need to take actions prior to resetting the preference file. And, LrC will forget what catalog you were working in last, so know where you parked it.

The link below documents the how, with several cautions and/or steps to take. Read it carefully.

The preference file can get corrupt leading to odd behavior.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

oh, by the way, after you reset the preference file, and you start your current LrC, you will be presented with screens just as if this was a new copy of LrC, tips, etc. Not to be surprised.

And, after resetting the preference file, instead of launching LrC from the start icon, go ahead and find your catalog in the OS file manager and double click on it to start LrC, that will avoid creation if a new catalog. and any upset feelings on what shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after the 3rd (maybe 4th) try at the Update LrC 11.5/Install LrC 12/Reinstall LrC 11.5, Lightroom 12 seems to be working perfectly without a rebuilt preference file. What what was changed? Why is it working now? I wish I knew so I could post the answer here and possibly help others who might experience the same problem.  Guess I'll have to attribute it to Cosmic Rays. 🙂

Thanks to @GoldingD for taking the time to offer suggestions.

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meet the same problem, navigate to next photo take more than 5s to show up the preview. 

I just do the catalog optimize to resolve this issue. 

(If the photos still online, the optimization maybe very slow. Recommed to make photos offline. re-locate photos to other folder to make them offline. Then the optimzaiton will be fast)

According to your solution(upgrad the catalog serveral times), I thinks something need be done but not done during the catalog upgrading. (Done or not done just by luck)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines