• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 13.0.2 wont open

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried uninstalling it, installing it, uninstalling it and reinstalling the previous version and that wont open either. 

I was reading some forum and they said to change some auto thing from true to false i restarted the compter and it still wont open so ive changed it back to true again , still nothing. 

When i open the Task manager , i can see that Lightroom CLassic is running, but then suddenly disappears from the list, previously it was there and i was able to end task, but now nothing shows up on the screen at all, not even the first pop up screen. I end task and try and reopn but still nothing. 

Photoshop, Lightroom, Camera Raw and Bridge all open.

I have been using it all this week and for some reason today it decided to not work, and im trying to finish an editing job 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the preferences file, it may be corrupted. (the file where you set useAutoBahn to false)

Lightroom will create a new preferences file on launch.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say, make sure that LrC is not running in the task manager before deleting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check for a lock file that did not get deleted ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lock file?  I am having the same issue and deleted the preferences file as above.  Still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lock file?  I am having the same issue and deleted the preferences file as above.  Still no luck.

By @Bing4041

Followup.

Supposedly if the lock file did not get deleted upon LrC closure, you should get an error message when you attempt to start LrC. This lock file gets deleted when you properly close LrC. It does not get deleted when LrC crashes, or you Force Quit LrC. The lock file is created upon start of LrC for the purpose of preventing more than one instance of the catalog being open in use available for editing. Be very careful if you want to manually delete that lock file. Do not delete the wrong file. And if it is not present, then discontinue this attempt as the lack of it existing is normal.

The problem in this post should not be a result of the lock file being present, as that error message should show up. But, should not hurt to check. This suggestion is more of a what if reply.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines