• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic 2019 and Ventura 13.3.1 issues

New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, not being so computer savvy, I had no idea there would be a compatibility issue when I upgraded to Ventura. Apple system updates always encourage to the latest OS for security etc so I did it thinking I was doing what I was supposed to this year.

I successful upgraded to Ventura on my 2018 Macbook Pro. On the first version upon upgrading I did not have any issues with Lightroom Classic 2019 and continued to use it for many months with no issues that I was aware of.

Then recently I updated to 13.3.1 when the system prompted me for the update thinking it was good for security and bug fixes and then all the problems started. My Lightroom Classic screen sometimes flashes like crazy for like 10-30 seconds going into rapid flash until it stops. Needless to say it is extremely disruptive. Now I REALLY REGRET updating to Ventura.

So now I want to roll back, even to the previous version of Ventura or Monterey.

1). Is there a way I can find out what version of Ventura or Monterey is saved in each of my Time Machine Updates.

2) If I revert back to an old version, is it as simple as choosing and saying RESTORE to that back up?

3) As I have updated images and files since the last back up, how do I reinstate the updated files after I have rolled back the operating system?

Anyway, sorry for these newbie questions. I feel hopeless and overwhelmed by all this and also if there is someone I can take this to and pay to fix I would be happy to do so too.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a valid subscription you should update your Lightroom Classic to the recent version 12.3.

These version is compatible with Ventura (however, there are a few known issues)

Lightroom Classic and Ventura | macOS 13 (adobe.com)

Known issues in Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

In the future you should inform yourself before you install a MacOS update if your apps ar compatible with this new version. Especially MacOS updates can be a little bit problematik.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines