• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 2022 becoming unuseable

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version latest 11.4.1 and earlier (see below).  Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Over the past month or so, perhaps longer, Lightroom (LR) has become increasingly unstable with a multitude or problems: it will freeze when populating grid view; it will populate grid view but not display info in cell headers; thumbnails in grid view in Library do not reflect images having develop changes - with an image selected in Library module and then switch to Develop, the image displayed in Develop does not reflect the history - you have to click on the last history state to see it.  All of these combined make the product useless.  What's most maddening is this.  It will work great for a while and then all of these symptoms start appearing.  I have done all of the following without it making any difference: delete preferences; reinstall LR; roll back to earlier version - twice to different versions, 11.2 & 11.3; turned off GPU; deleted all previews for entire catalog; consulted with computer maker support to verify that all hardware is working properly - it is.  See attached screen grab videos. (I have another but it exceeds max file size).   Please help.  Please help.  Please help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to do via email reply as requested and it bounced so here is the data you asked for:

Lightroom Classic version: 11.4.1 [ 202206241800-b406ce4c ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.19043

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 16

Processor speed: 3.7GHz

SqLite Version: 3.36.0

Built-in memory: 32662.3 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32662.3 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 3622.3 MB (11.0%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 18163.0 MB

GDI objects count: 1197

USER objects count: 3498

Process handles count: 4786

Memory cache size: 2349.0MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 14.4.1 [ 1122 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 1645MB / 16331MB (10%)

Camera Raw real memory: -7267MB / 32662MB (-22%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (31.0.15.1640)

Init State: 3

User Preference: 1

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic

Library Path: K:\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10-v11.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\photo\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) Aurora HDR

3) DxO PhotoLab 4

4) DxO PhotoLab 4 Importer

5) DxO PhotoLab 5

6) DxO PhotoLab 5 Importer

7) Facebook

8) Flickr

9) HDR Efex Pro 2

10) Nikon Tether Plugin

11) Photo Upload

12) Plugin Parameters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw real memory: -7267MB / 32662MB (-22%)

Now that seems odd. Why a negative value?

You may want to purge your Camera RAW from LrC Preferences.

Also, what have you set it to?

oh, and this community site does not work well with e-mail as a method of reply. So just post info as you just did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Odd indeed.  Purged.  Was set to 5.0 gb, reset to 10.0 gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (31.0.15.1640)

At NVIDIA, for both Game Ready, and Studio, a newer driver is available. v516.59 in  both cases. Probably not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates must come fast and furious.  Just updated a week or so ago.  Will do again whether issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19043

Version 21H2, build 19044 is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about this.  When I check windows update, it says that I'm up to date on updates???  Wonder why it's not showing the update you reference.  When I click on "OS build info" in settings, I only get what's in the screengrab.  I also don't know why LR says I have Business Edition??  Running update troubleshooter found nothing.  Usually in the past, Windows updates have created more problems rather than solving them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot attachmentwindows version.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, odd question, have you completely shut down your computer, turned it off, then back on, a cold boot? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut down computer at the end of every day.  If you mean do I turn off the power switch at the rear, I do not.  Working with pc manufacturer support however, we did do that after he updated motherboard chipset drivers.  Nothing has made any difference at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everybody who made suggestions and tried to help.  Sorry that my problem has defied all the gurus.  Even the Kelby assertion that when all else fails, reinstall LR and all problems will be gone proved to be invalid.  I received an email asking if problem was resolved but no way to reply to email so making this post that problem not solved despite all efforts by the community.  I honestly don't know what to do now other than live with it.  Computer manufacturer recommended a complete Windows reinstall but that so far is a bigger pain the butt that what I'm experiencing so I will defer that until LR does indeed become totally useless.  Then if the Windows reinstall doesn't fix it, I guess my only recourse will be that Adobe loses a subscriber.  What else is there???????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of drive is K: ? How is it connected to the machine?

Have you tried a new catalog located on drive C:  ?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K is a solid state drive, internal right on the bus, so every bit as fast as the C main drive and unlike C, LR is the only thing on it.  So, I wouldn't think that's the problem, but it's something never suggested before and never tried so I'll give it a go.  I can copy the catalog to C and try it.  Certainly easier than a windows reinstall!  Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just create a new catalog on C: and see how it goes. For test purposes, you can reimport a bunch of folders you already have in the old LrC catalog. It's possible that if there is an issue with the connection to K: you might have a corrupted catalog in the transfer. I have a similar setup and have my LrC catalog on the second SSD on the motherboard. It wouldn't hurt to turn everything off and use contact cleaner on the SSD connections and the socket on the drive you are using as K:

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is super interesting.  I created a new Lightroom folder and catalog on C drive and imported approx 8000 images.  No problems.  LR was lightning fast.  So I deleted that folder, emptied recycle bin, and then copied my LR folder from K drive to C drive.  So far, a huge improvement!  No stalling at all.  It still is a bit slow to show all thumbnails but only for a second or two where before it would just get stuck and never build them unless I clicked on each one, and even then sometimes nothing would happen.  This is the closest to being "fixed" it's ever been.  I should point out I have over 596000 images in my catalog.  Even though LR is supposed to handle even more than that, do you think possible this is just stretching it too far?   I guess I should try your cleaning suggestion first and see where that goes.  My computer manufacturer support rep ran several diagnostic programs on all drives and all showed totally AOK so wondering how K showed healthy if contacts were dirty.  Just hate to pull the case out, open it up, and mess inside but I'll give it a try.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines