• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 won't recognize Sony A7R3 RAW files

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I've done a fair amount of troubleshooting, and learned that initially - older versions of LR Classic - did not support Sony's A7R3 RAW (.ARW) files, this was fixed in a later version. However, I have the most recent Lightroom Classic version (8.3.1) but I still cannot open these files with Lightroom. Any help would be greatly appreciated - as I don't want to go through the hassle of using exiftool for every single import.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomas,

That shouldn't be happening, according to this article the minimum version of Lightroom required to support Sony A7R III is 7.1

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Are you getting any sort of error?

Also, where are the raw files stored? Local drive or External drive?

Could you please check and make sure that you're using Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 by going to Lightroom's Help > System Info Dialog?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the latest version of the free DNG converter and see if that fixes the issue but as Sahil states, with the correct version, this shouldn't be necessary.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomasvdw  wrote

However, I have the most recent Lightroom Classic version (8.3.1) but I still cannot open these files with Lightroom.

Why not? What happens? Provide details. If there is an error message, please quote the complete unedited word-for-word error message, verbatim.

Also, please go to Help->System Info and confirm that you have version 8.3.1 installed. Do not assume, actually see it and confirm it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This with the SD card plugged into a card reader?

Not via USB to/from camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Sony a7r3 and Lightroom Classic version 9.0, and having the same problem. It says "The files can not be opened by lightroom."

However, my friend also has a Sony a7r3. The files from his camera can be opened. He got the camera 3 years ago and mine is new. 

Anyone has any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony A7R III requires LR 7.1 or later, so LR 9 should be able to import its files. But why are you still on LR 9?  The latest version is LR 12.0.1. So as a first troubleshooting step, do Help > Updates and update to 12.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I haven't updated the software ever since it was installed. I'll update it
and see if it works. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines