• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.1 Full screen shows regions that have been cropped in Develop mode

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just done a panorama crop of a 3:2 image - view scaled to fit. When I view in full screen mode significantly more of the image that should be cropped out is viewable at the top. Looks like a new bug to me that wasn't present in my earlier version.

Any one else seeing this?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Restarted my pc this morning and LR crop performed as expected. I assume my pc had an issue following LR update that a restart resolved. All seems to be working well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound typical, could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you're using? Go to Help > System Info

Also, what operating system are you working on?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of before and after results?

Does it happen with a specific image or all images?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Went back to image in question and no problem. Tried it with another image and same problem: Crop > go to full screen > extra portion at top of cropped image. If you change to another image and then return to cropped image problem does not occur problem does not occur. Went to get system info and got

unexpected error performing command

?:0: attempt to perform artithmetic on nil value

Perhaps my system has become unstable

I'm running WIN 10 OS 18363.535 with 24GB ram 64bit

LR 9.1 release Build[201911291132-64cf80b4, camera raw 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted my pc this morning and LR crop performed as expected. I assume my pc had an issue following LR update that a restart resolved. All seems to be working well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - not solved! Problem has re-emerged. See screen shots below. First png is the full screen view which has more of the image visible at the bottom. 2nd  png is the Develop module view following crop. 

Problem emerged after about 30mins editing about 10 25MB images. Could be I've developed a problem with my RAM but also possible LR has some kind of memory issueFull screen view of crop - more visibleFull screen view of crop - more visibleDevelop view of cropDevelop view of crop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another screen shot comparison.

1st: Lots of extra image visible at top in full screen view  2nd: Develop view cropped at top near yellow line. . Anyone else having this issue?

skater4.pngskater3.pngskater4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. "Sometimes" the Fullscreen preview does not show the cropped image. Instead some previous cached image. Workaround is to reset the crop, then undo the change. Then it shows the fullscreen like it should be.

Lightroom Classic 9.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have having that same problem.  I used to be able to crop an image and check the look by pressing "F" from the develope screen.  Now pressing "F" gives me more than what I cropped.  Going on to the next photo and displaying full screen, then returning to the cropped photo and displaying full screen correctly displays the cropped photo.  I hope this bug is fixed soon as it sure slows the edit process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines