• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Adjustment Brush not accurately painting at exact size on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Community,

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro M1 Pro. I'm using Lightroom Classic 11.2

I've been trying to use the Adjustment Brush but noticed that Lr is only selecting the inner portion of the circle (ie there is a 1-2mm gap between the perimeter of the brush size and what is actually showing up in the overlay. It's extremely frustrating as you can't make accurate selections and have to account for the 'bleeding area'

I know from previous Windows use that this was an issue with the autoscaling of the 4k monitor.

Has anyone else dealt with this and if so have a fix for this?

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Have you changed your Pointer size in Accesibility.  This will cause the issue.  I have set it to large here and you can see what the Brush Cursor is doing.

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 9.20.25 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-25 at 9.21.13 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

I've been having the exact same issue with a 2017 Intel iMac, so it's not the processor.  Clearly Adobe needs to DE-LINK the OS cursor size setting from the brush controls.  It has annoyed me to no end for over two years.  Adobe, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for reaching out. If you can clarify a few things for me, we can get to the bottom of this.

Could you please share a screenshot of the Brush tool's impact? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Have you tried adjusting the Flow, Density & Feather of the Brush to the extreme right (Max out)? Please check this video tutorial to learn more about the masking tools in Lightroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRGdi85tikU

Let us know if it works.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Yes, I have tried troubleshooting. All brush sliders are set to 100 (except feather which is at 0)

I am unable to take a screenshot of the brush's impact as the cursor doesn't get displayed but I have managed to take some pics from my phone.

As you can see the impact of the brush is smaller than the brush size selected (apparent for both + and - brushes)

20220426_082302.jpg20220426_082219.jpg

Regards,

Jordan Bulner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rule out issues with the graphics processor: Set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off and restart LR. Does the problem go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just gave that a go, however, no success. Still the same.20220426_122031.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video for better representation:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed your Pointer size in Accesibility.  This will cause the issue.  I have set it to large here and you can see what the Brush Cursor is doing.

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 9.20.25 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-25 at 9.21.13 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INCREDIBLE! Thank you so much, Bob!

I suppose I will have to get used to the smaller mouse and train my old eyes to see better.
Sure is a whole lot easier to do than guess where the brush may paint! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having the exact same issue with a 2017 Intel iMac, so it's not the processor.  Clearly Adobe needs to DE-LINK the OS cursor size setting from the brush controls.  It has annoyed me to no end for over two years.  Adobe, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines