• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - adjustments to font size for visually impaired?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the fonts can be made larger (and bolder) in Lightroom? I don't like to use reading glasses when I'm editing photos because it distorts my periphery. Lightroom would sure be easier to navigate if I could quickly read everything. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can adjust the font size in Preferences > Interface. There is no option to make fonts bolder.

LR-font-size.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply. So, I actually already operate on the large setting, but that makes a very minimal difference in the font size as you can see below:

compare.png

Also, my preferences menu looks a bit different...I only have two options: small and large. And like I said, not much of a difference between the two:

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 3.34.18 PM.png

My version of Lighroom Classic is up to date as well. Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are up to date? Having only two options for font size indicates an older version.

Please go to Help > About Lightroom (might be in the Lightroom menu on a Mac) to verify what version you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Momanders04 is on Mac, and Mac LR only provides Small and Large. If you're on a Retina display, you can adjust the text size of your entire Mac display without lowering the screen resolution used for photos -- go to System Preferences > Displays:

johnrellis_0-1675811351359.png

If you're on a non-Retina display, you can reduce the screen resolution, but that will reduce the resolution used for photos as well:

johnrellis_1-1675811615537.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines