• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic. All files are showing as 'missing'

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my files in Lightroom Classic atre showing as 'missing' and int eh Develop module have the message 'The file could not be found'.  I followed the instructions in the Adobe Help to reconnect the images to the folders (which were not moved or relabelled) but when I have shut down and reopened the laptop (Windows) the links were broken again.  Any ideas or fixes would be much appreciated.  Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these photos on an external hard drive?

If so, is that hard drive setup in Windows with a permantly assigned drive letter?

Whatever drive, have you tested/checked the drive for problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks GoldingD.  This was very helpful.  I have now assigned a premanent drive letter and re-mapped the folders so fingers crossed it is all OK now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines