• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic and its effect on Lightroom 6.14 files

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom 6.14 and am considering Lightroom Classic.  If I down load Lightroom Classic, what will happen to my photos managed by Lightroom 6.14?

Thanks, Paul

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

What will happen?  Nothing!

Your photos (in folders) will not be 'touched'.

Your Lightroom Catalog will not be 'touched'.

What WILL happen is this-

When you start Lightroom-Classic it will find your Catalog and ask you to upgrade it (by making a COPY) and then upgrading the copy to be compatible with Lightroom-Classic. The 'old' v6 catalog will remain (in case of problems).

You then carry on editing with the upgraded catalog.

Notes-

When you are asked to upgrade the Catalog- Give it a new name

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What will happen?  Nothing!

Your photos (in folders) will not be 'touched'.

Your Lightroom Catalog will not be 'touched'.

What WILL happen is this-

When you start Lightroom-Classic it will find your Catalog and ask you to upgrade it (by making a COPY) and then upgrading the copy to be compatible with Lightroom-Classic. The 'old' v6 catalog will remain (in case of problems).

You then carry on editing with the upgraded catalog.

Notes-

When you are asked to upgrade the Catalog- Give it a new name in the upgrade dialog. (Don't leave it looking like  CATALOG-2-2-2-2-v11)

If you v6 catalog is on an external drive, or another that is not the C:Drive, the upgrade might upgrade the wrong catalog, or even start a new totally empty catalog. Post back for further advice if this happens to you.

Also check that your preferences settings will always re-open the new v11 catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
THANK YOU, PAUL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines