• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic and Photoshop Crashing When Opening

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic and Photoshop will not open on my iMac. I just updated them, so both are up to date.  They flash the opening image and promptly crash without fully opening. I uninstalled and reloaded the Lightroom Classic app, and it did not make a difference. I am on an 2017 iMac OS Catalina 10.15.7.

I had been moving photos back and forth between the two right after updating. Then noticed that I was getting a wierd error message when trying to save the photos in Photoshop to pass them back to Lightroom. The Photoshop edits did not save, and shortly after that, Lightroom crashed. As I said, neither app will now open. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I would advise to check the folder the LrC is in for a lock file, but your PS fails as well?

Time to contact Adobe directly. This site is mostly fellow customers, not Adobe, unless you get lucky.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

typically, bottom right, contact us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: Turns out safari is the only app on my mac I can currently open. So probably a hard drive problem not an adobe one. Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines