• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic, Book Module, Background, how to set up photos in Add Background Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Background tab, how do I add photos to the Photos section of the Add Background Graphic section.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Drag it from the film strip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the background photo can be added with the Add Background Graphic panel. The photos are added to the page in the center grid. Is that what you are asking? I found this tutorial on YouTube. I think it might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for the help.  The tutorial helped.  The key idea for me is that all the backgrouond photos must be part of the book collection so I can drag them from the Film strip, as Jill pointed out.  I missed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag it from the film strip.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jill,

I see now.  The key idea being the background photos in Photos must be part of the book's collection, then I can drag them from the Film Strip.  I missed that.  Of course those background photos need be part of the collection, unlike the 'standard' backgrounds, like in Wedding.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm traveling, which is usually when I plan to make a book from all the photos, I make sure to photograph interesting "backgrounds" in various places - brick walls, old peeling plastered walls, cobblestone walkways, fields of grass or flowers, etc. Thus, I always have a location appropriate background for my books and slide shows. I just reduce the opacity to <50% so they don't overwhelm the page layout.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good tips.  I will scan through my collection again looking for background opportunities.

Thanks again Jill, I reallly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding background image globally, to all my pages, I changed my mind. When I unchecked apply background image globally, the background photo did not disappear on the book pages. I also clicked undo and the background image did not disappear. Could the response be slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also see this-  If you have a Global image background-  Un-check the box so as to NOT "Apply Background Globally", and the backgrounds remain visible.

Go one step further and [Right-Click] on the small Background Photo preview and choose [Remove Photo].

This will clear the photo from all page backgrounds. (it does for me!)

Consider that you might want to re-add the Background Photo to the preview box to be able to selectively add it to Selected pages only.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines