• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic/Canon R5 Preview issues

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic, v 11.2/Camera Raw 14.2 tethered to a new Canon R5 on a 15" Retina display 2013 MacBook Pro, running Catalina V10.15.7.

My issue is that the captures do not look as sharp in the preview window---even at less than 100%---as they should, and not as good as the files from my 5D MkIIIs. Yet when I export a file as a large TIFF (4992 X 3328) and open it in Photoshop, it looks okay. Any one else seeing this with the R5/Lightroom Classic? I only shoot tethered, and have to know what focus looks like on location. My current workaround is to export a sample file to PS and open it to check the image quality, which I never had to do before.

Thanks for any input.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We are here to help.

The preview you see during Tether Capture from the camera is just a preview, not the actual raw image, that can be viewed in the Develop Module. Are you also seeing a lesser quality in the Develop module?

You can increase the quality of the standard size previews by going to

• Edit > Catalog Settings > File Handling > Standard Preview Size & Preview Quality.

You can also increase & optimize Camera Raw Caches from Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings > Increase the cache size from 5.0GB to 10 to 15GB and click on 'Purge Cache' and then restart Lightroom Classic.

You can test the quality of previews further by manually importing RAW images from the camera using the Import Panel in Lightroom Classic and creating 1:1 Previews under File Handling on the right side of the Import Panel.

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. Yes, of course I'm viewing the preview in the Develop module. I've increased my cache size to 10Gb, but haven't purged the cache...will do that next. I only shoot tethered, so don't import files from the card. Could this also be an issue with the R5's files being CR3 instead of CR2? Every other commercial photographer I kow is haveing the same issues with R5 files in Lightroom. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines