• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic [catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it open]

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please help me with getting on my Lightroom Classic ? Everytime I try to log on to it a box pops up and says  "Lightroom catalog-2-v10 " cannot be opened because another application already has it opened. Can anyone help me figure this out  ? The only thing that is on my Desktop display is my External Hard drive called Expansions by Seagate. Is that whats keeping me from getting on my Lightroom Classic program ? Do I need to move it  off Desktop ? If anyone could please help me out could you please email me at <email address removed>.  Thank you very much.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like GoldingD said, you can use that method and be careful!

The other thing I would try first, is to startup Lightroom Classic while holding down the Option /Alt key.

That starts LR up and asks you which catalog you want to use.

If you get that far, click create a new LR catalog and give it a name - you can always toss it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also if you do follow the directions in the Help document, You should try to first copy that Lightroom catalog-2-v10 and all the files that are with it  to another drive, like an external drive, to be extra safe. You do this from the finder or the windows explorer with Lightroom closed.

Then go ahead and follow the directions.  you will just have a duplicate saved on that separate drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines