• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 & macOS Mojave: Tethered Shooting

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't connect my Canon EOS 70D mit USB with my MacBook Pro and use the tethered shooting in Lightroom. The Canon where not found. I looks like I don't connect the Cam with my Mac. Nothing happens. Has someone the same Problem? Can someone shoot mit That Versions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave isn't yet supported. Best not to expect Lightroom to work properly under Mojave. I'm sure it works fine under supported operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is possible. But on Monday is the release date of mojave and at that point adobe should support that. Because Apple user love to use the newest version.

And nobody here tried Mojave and Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lp82photo  wrote

Because Apple user love to use the newest version.

Not very smart, and you do that at your own risk.

A major CC version update is expected soon, and this will be intended for Mojave.

Apple has an explicit policy of no backwards compatibility. Apple users should know that by now, it's no secret. They drop legacy support without notice, breaking older applications, and that may well apply to CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lp82photo  wrote

That is possible. But on Monday is the release date of mojave and at that point adobe should support that. Because Apple user love to use the newest version.

And nobody here tried Mojave and Lightroom?

Yes people here have tried using mojave and lightroom and they report it doesn't work properly.

It is possible (likely) that a new Adobe release will come out quickly to support Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR and Mojave together - multiple instances of LR becoming "unresponsive", crashing total system, Creative Cloud Desktop disappearing and requiring download and install again from Adobe, very slow initial entry to a Collection, etc

Hold off on installing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine on my MacBook Pro i9, but friend's 6 core Xeon Mac Pro was unusable with a 15 second beach ball on every click in the Library. Turned on "Open in Low Resolution" in the App info and it went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 7.5 tethers Canon just fine, but you have to update the Canon software, which is used by LR (I guess).

I had a working setup with macOS 10.12 Sierra, Canon software (EOS Utility version 3-something) and LR CC. Tethering with my Canon 6D worked fine, both in LR and EOS Utility for 2 years. Then recently I upgraded the macOS to 10.14 Mojave and both EOS Utility and Lightroom CC 7.5 tethering stopped working. Today I updated the Canon software to latest version (3.9, from September 2018) and after restart tethering works again. In Lightroom CC 7.5 and in EOS Utility 3.9.

Other than this tethering problem I had no issues with latest Lightroom and Photoshop CC versions on Mojave yet. I use LR and PS daily, and I also used Acrobat XI a few times. I haven’t tried other CC software under Mojave yet. My hardware: MacbookPro 13" Mid-2012, i7 2.9 GHz, 8 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A slight update: the EOS Utility daemon software apparenly doesn't survive system sleep while logged in. After sleep I have to logout and then login to succesfully connect to Canon 6D via wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A new update is being rolled-out today. Go to the Apps tab in Creative Cloud desktop to install or click the three dots (top-right) to check for updates. It includes improvements for Canon tethering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines